cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently upgraded to fibre, no speed increase so far

Dazwhite

Recently upgraded to fibre, no speed increase so far

I upgraded last week, router arrived, it's been on for a week now, but still recording just speeds of 5mb. Does anyone know how long it takes for fibre to be activated?
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Recently upgraded to fibre, no speed increase so far

It can take anything from about 10 days upwards depending on BT Openreach engineer availability in your area. You SHOULD have been emailed with a date for the changeover but my recent experience ( my changeover is due next week! ) is that it didn't happen!. There are a few ways to find out when your changeover is due

Login to your member centre and check the questions(tickets) on your account via https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search , view the closed questions and look at service notices from about the day after your upgraded. You should find one something like this

An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 04/11/2016.
If so it's likely that your Fibre upgrade is due the day before the date in that service notice ( it really means 00:00 on the date in the notice!! )
AND/OR check your phone number on the BT Wholesale checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm and it should say there is an open order e.g

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 03-Nov-2016.

OR you could try asking on live chat OR one of the PN help team might spot this and check your order...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If you are getting an upgrade to 21CN reported that is nothing to do with FTTC, it is an exchange equipment upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL2+ The worrying thing is that BT will only allow one order at a time so if the 21CN upgrade is active there is a distinct possibility that your fibre upgrade order has been cancelled. Might be worth checking with support.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If you are getting an upgrade to 21CN reported that is nothing to do with FTTC,

It IS in this case, it's the way the PN systems seem to report the upgrade. I am already on ( and have been for some while!) the 21CN network. Have already confirmed with support ( PN help team https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Fibre-Upgrade-order-status/m-p/1380031#M1510 ) that it is the FTTC upgrade committed for the date showing on the order

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Well it's a strange way of reporting the upgrade, but that's PlusNet/BT's systems for you! Hope it all goes ahead OK for you. I'm waiting for an installed AIO cabinet to go live in the next month or so. EO lines have been rerouted but still not ready. At about 300m distance should get a good speed after years on ADSL Max 8 Mbps sync.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Your order is due for the 4th November.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dazwhite

Thankyou all much appreciated !!!