cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently upgraded from broadband to fibre, but...

FIXED
rj
Hooked

Recently upgraded from broadband to fibre, but...

I received an email on the 8th of April, that my product change is complete.

Today, I received the new hub, plugged in, I have internet, but the speed seems to be the same based on the various (bt, speedtest.net, etc) tests.

How long will it take to actually complete the product change?

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Recently upgraded from broadband to fibre, but...

If all the work has been done it should be straight away, sounds like it hasn't. It would be worth getting in touch with support, via Chat, or calling, or they may see you post on here and check it out.

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Did you not get given a date when you'll be activated?

I got the same email early, I just confirmed it wasn't activated early and awaited the date given via text message
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
rj
Hooked

Hm, okay. No such date has been given/text received yet. I assume that would be the last stage then.
bugs4me
Grafter

Obviously wait until Plusnet have responded but if you've got the new hub I assume you've got it fibre enabled. So that's the BTOR modem connected to your router.

Some folks - myself included have ditched the BTOR modem and gone for a single router - the Billion 8800NL seems a favourite. In my case it doubled the speed. Purchased from Amazon so if it didn't make any difference then you can get a full no-quibble refund.

Still, see what happens. Your speed may pick up or Plusnet may be able to do something.

rj
Hooked

I can't say that PN is on top of the game in the information management.

So I will receive a second modem? I didn't know that. (I should expect it, as years ago I was with BT fibre, and I had two modems/routers.) However PN's (and Sagem's) documentation doesn't mention it either, it only says plug it in the wall...

Alright, waiting game it is then.

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

You no longer get a BT modem. Fibre is now a self install, if you've got the hub one plug in and it'll be fine on adsl too

Hopefully staff will pick this up today and give you some idea on what's going in.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
rj
Hooked

Thanks etdsaunders!

At that case I hope a CS staff pops in to answer.

Anyway what is the availability of the chat support function? Any time I check it, it is unavailable for me.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just looking in to this now for you, will reply back shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Looking at your account we emailed you on the 2nd with the following information:

Our supplier have advised that your broadband activation date has been changed to 15/04/2016.

This is still correct and you're due to switch tomorrow.

Anyway what is the availability of the chat support function? Any time I check it, it is unavailable for me.

Do you have a pop-up blocker or similar on your browser? Try adding an exception for our site.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rj
Hooked

Ghostery/Adblock active of course.

Thanks for the help and solution Chris, the reminder must have slipped through the cracks. My bad.