cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently switched from Talktalk and think my upload bandwidth is choked down.

lomcovaks
Hooked

Recently switched from Talktalk and think my upload bandwidth is choked down.

Dear Support team,
I'm a recent newcomer to Plusnet after Talktalk leaked my personal data to a criminal gang of Indian scammers.
My fibre download speed is consistently in the 35-40 Mb/s range but my upload bandwidth is always stuck around 0.5 Mb/s.
I'm connected to the test socket of my main socket and running a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router which I've flashed with Kong's DD-WRT firmware to put my entire home network behind my VPN - but all my speed tests are done with the VPN off.
Would it be possible if someone could kindly check and see if my upload bandwidth is being choked down as a legacy issue from Talktalk please? I suspect this may  be the case.
Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Recently switched from Talktalk and think my upload bandwidth is choked down.

Hi there,
Would it be possible if someone could kindly check and see if my upload bandwidth is being choked down as a legacy issue from Talktalk please? I

Don't worry there's absolutely no way another ISP could have any affect at all on your connection as you're no longer their customer.
Diagnostic tests show a potential performance fault so please report this over at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it sorted for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team