Recent update of Windows 10 & router problem

Lowestoft75

Recent update of Windows 10 & router problem

Plusnet have just confirmed that

iI you have a device running Windows 10; and

you have installed recent updates of Windows 10; and

you have very slow line speeds, time outs etc; and

you have the Plusnet fibre router type Technicolour TG582n;

this is because the new Windows 10 updates are causing problems with that router.  They are working on it.....

22 REPLIES 22
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Recent update of Windows 10 & router problem

funny swmbo is seeing similar symptoms with the hub 1
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

similar symptoms with the hub 1

I have several Windows 10 machines, all updated as of today, and have no problems with my Hub One. Is it because I'm connecting to it over 2.5GHz WiFi ? Should I worry?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

But Plusnet couldn't post anything on these forums about it themselves?

Is this something different to the 198.18.1.x address problems (DNS spoofing bug)?

LarkAscending
Dabbler

A relief to read this. I have been having terrible problems with this for lover two weeks. I had the same problems in July and then they vanished. When I contacted PlusNet they got me to change my wifi channel which has been no use at all. I can scarcely do an transactions at all. This is exactly my router. Has anyone bought a better router? Such as  Billion one? 

LarkAscending
Dabbler

We are not gaming users - 3 users in the house. Thought of buying a 

Billion BiPAC 8800NL VDSL2/ADSL2+ with Gigabit and USB Port Wireless N Modem Router

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@LarkAscending Have you considered taking the PlusNet Hub One? It's essentially free.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The hub one is £6.99 p&p if you re-contract  , But not worth the near £100 new .

Even the Home Hub on Ebay is £25 which works

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Lowestoft75

Are you still having the same issues? If so let me know and I'll see if I can get the fix pushed out to you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lowestoft75

As of yesterday 26 Oct 2016, line speeds using Windows 10 with recent updates seem to be back to normal so I can now at last access the web, e mails etc. via that device, thanks.  I hav'n't taken any further action, so I assume that the fix has been sent out to my router.

For your info, I had a long web chat about the problem on the 23rd with one of your colleagues.  I assume you will find that via my account.

ad441
Hooked

Is it possible this is why I'm having intermittent connection dropout issues (which I asked about here)? Windows 10 updated around the same time I started experiencing these and that's the router I have. If so what can be done to sort this out?

LarkAscending
Dabbler

Hi Chris. I am still having the same problems. I took my laptop on holiday and using another router and BT I did not have this problem. Home again and I desperately need this to work as it is seriously interfering with my ability to get things done.

Johnw7429

Hi, We've been suffering continual "unable to connect" and "your connection has been reset" errors when trying to load web pages for the last couple of weeks. The timing seemed to pretty much co-incide with windows 10 updates. We also have the the TG582n router. Is this the sort of issue others have experienced and is there any fix for it ?

Lowestoft75

Sounds very like my problem with the same router, due I think to v slow speeds in the router when trying to connect from pc using Windows 10 with recent updates.  Problem has now gone; I can only suggest you contact Plusnet Support eg through web chat so you can get a record, and explain problem.  As far as I know they can fix your router over the web.

LarkAscending
Dabbler

For third time I have and at last they say they are going to push my fix to my router. Webchat I have used with them before but this time I found speaking in phone I was able to be much more persistent and direct. As someone who works in customer service, I will be writing to complain about their lack of end to end thinking and lack of communication.