cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Packet Loss

Adamc1903

Recent Packet Loss

Recently I've been experiencing major packet loss across all online games on PC, I'm using a wired ethernet connection and I've only had this issue for the past 5 days ish, before then everything was perfect.

I reset and power cycling the router multiple times, tested the loss in the test socket as well as trying to use normal Wifi with no change.

I see a packet loss of around 5-50% daily.

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Recent Packet Loss

Hello @Adamc1903

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having packet loss issues. From our prospective, these are pretty hard to fully diagnose as we don't know where the source of the issue is. More often than not though, it's usually to do with the server you're trying to connect to, than the broadband itself.

The thing on our end that can attribute to packet loss is the router, I can see that yours is still within warranty and would be happy to send out another one if you'd like to give that a go?

I'd also send our a returns bag for you to return your current one free of charge.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Adamc1903

I've tested with another router and the issue persists, It also happens across multiple different servers across different games.

Is there any tests you can run on my line?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Adamc1903  How are you detecting this packet loss? Can you provide any evidence. It is not something that Plusnet can monitor so it is difficult for them to help you.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Adamc1903, I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having with your service.

I have tested the line today and can see that your sync speed is currently running lower than we would expect for your line. The testing has detected cross talk and also a bridge tap, so the best way forward would be for us to get an engineer out.

I have updated your fault ticket here with the next steps in getting this progressed: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218865011.

If you reply to the ticket, give us a nudge on here and we can get it picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team