cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email: "Your broadband product change is now complete"

samzh
Grafter

Received email: "Your broadband product change is now complete"

I received an email this morning saying "Your broadband product change is now complete" but I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean I'm now being billed for the Fibre Extra that I've ordered? Or does it mean I actually HAVE the Fibre Extra that I've ordered. The last I heard, I'm not being upgraded for nearly 2 weeks yet (29th Feb) and I haven't even received a modem/router. If Plus.net and/or BTW think the order is complete and it isn't, will my activation come and go with no action because nobody is aware that the order isn't actually complete, so don't take steps to complete it?
Things are not perhaps as clear as they appear to be, so if anyone could advise I would be very grateful. Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
scottymc
Grafter

Re: Received email: "Your broadband product change is now complete"

Don't quote me,
But I think it means that your next bill will be charged at the fibre extra rate ...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It might be because of something else: could you post the results of a tracert to ntp.plus.net please
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your account has changed to the Fibre account, it looks like it was scheduled for yesterday but I can't see why that would have been done as it wasn't your billing date and the order isn't due to complete until the end of the month.
As your invoice date is after the date your order is due to complete, you won't actually end up paying any more for this so although incorrect, it's a harmless change.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
samzh
Grafter

Thanks Chris, so I won't be billed for fibre, pro-rata back to today?
Also, the email says:
When you agreed your product change, you accepted that you have up to 14 days from tomorrow to cancel your order. Plusnet Protect must be kept for at least 30 days.

Tomorrow seems an arbitrarily picked date. If I'm barely due to receive the product in those 14 days, how can I have any meaningful time to evaluate it? Surely the 14 day evaluation period should start from when I actually receive the product. Not that I'm expecting to find it deficient, but this is a matter of principle.
whittler, fwiw, here's my tracert: Smiley
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
C:\>tracert ntp.plus.net
Tracing route to ntp.plus.net [212.159.6.10]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  lo0.11.central11.pcl-bng01.plus.net [195.166.130
.139]
  3    28 ms    75 ms    28 ms  irb.11.PCL-CR01.plus.net [84.93.249.97]
  4    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  po2.pcl-gw01.plus.net [195.166.129.41]
  5    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  cdns02.plus.net [212.159.6.10]
Trace complete.
C:\>
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You won't be pro-rata billed, no.
The 14 day period is the same as new signups, it's from the point of order not the point of activation.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
samzh
Grafter

Okay Chris, cheers Smiley
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I received a similar email today, although I was previously notified that my fibre upgrade is scheduled for 20 May. Would it be possible for a Plusnet rep to confirm I will not be charged the higher rate until that date (assuming BTOR actually do the business as promised)? I'm definitely on ADSL at the moment, or I couldn't be posting this! I use my own router in preference to a PN one,  and it will have to be reconfigured to operate on fibre.

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

@NorthPole I had the same early email when I upgraded however wasn't charged till my date to go live (normally billing date)

Using you're own hardware is ok providing it has a vdsl modem. All fibre installs do not require a BT engineer and you won't be given a vdsl modem.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

My billing date is actually tomorrow, the 13th. of each month, which made me wonder if that was why I had received the email.

As regards the router, I have an Asus DSL-AC68U, one of the few third-party modem/routers that can handle both ADSL and VDSL; it remains to be seen how well it copes with the latter!

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Was you given a date when fibre will be active?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Quote from my original post:

"I was previously notified that my fibre upgrade is scheduled for 20 May."

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Pleased to say that Plusnet have now offered to refund the difference for the week (hopefully!) I have been billed for Unlimited Fibre Extra but am in fact still on ADSL. Smiley