cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Fibre router

FIXED
ajwilliams1310

Received Fibre router

Hi I received my new fibre router today. Do I need to wait for fibre to be activated before setting router up or can I set it now and use it for broadband until fibre is activated.
Thanks Alex
6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Received Fibre router

If you are currently a Plusnet ADSL customer then the new Plusnet Hub One will work now as it can handle both ADSL and Fibre.

When the swap takes place, the router will spot it and reconfigure itself for fibre.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ajwilliams1310

Ok brilliant. Thanks for the reply. I'll set it up and just sit back and wait for fibre to be activated hopefully not too long as my adsl is about 3meg on a good day.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi Alex, if you have ADSL broadband already with us then by all means you can plug the router in and use the new one. If not then yes you'll have to wait for the broadband order to complete before plugging the router in and getting online.
Either way if you drop me your user name I'll check what's going on with your broadband order.

Kind Regards,
Ben

ajwilliams1310

Hi Ben thanks for the quick reply. My username is [removed]

Thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal details moved from a public forum to a private area.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Just checking on your fibre order, I can confirm this is in progress for the 12/05/17.

You'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning advising the product change is complete. I'd expect the actual work to be carried out during normal business hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @BD as per message #4.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still