cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow upload speed

stevecrawf0rd

Really slow upload speed

Hi,

I'm on Unlimited fibre extra with a PlusNet hub one router but my upload is really poor. When performing a speed test (attached) with my computer directly connected to the router via Ethernet cable (or wireless) the upload speed stays at 0 for the first few seconds then climbs to around 0.3Mbps.

Could this be a fault on the line?

Thanks,
Steve

3 REPLIES 3
justyyuk
Hooked

Re: Really slow upload speed

I am having the same issue here. My post code is CB3

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @stevecrawf0rd, and welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds currently. Checking your connection from this side we can see the full 20Mbps upload getting to the router with no signs of this having dipped at all recently. I'd suggest then if you haven't already to try another speed test site to see if the same results are shown. It's not often but we sometimes see certain speed tests giving inaccurate results on certain sites but a second check should confirm if there's an underlying issue or not. Let us know how it goes.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @justyyuk, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues also as of recent. When looking into your connection from this side I'm again seeing the full 20Mbps upload getting to your router with no signs of underlying issues or errors. As mentioned above, I'd advise if you haven't already to try another speed test site as it very well could be the one you're using giving off false readings. Let us know how it goes.