cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow internet speeds

Andy74

Really slow internet speeds

Hey Plusnet

I have been getting really poor speeds lately.

Download I normally got over 60mbps but recently only getting 20mbps if I am lucky

Upload use to be around 18mbps but now only getting 11mbps

I have logged onto my hub and played about with the channels but none of them make the slightest difference to the speed.

Can this be looked into for me please as it’s getting a PITA waiting fo programmes to buffer when I am paying for a fast fibre speed !

Andy
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Really slow internet speeds

Thanks for getting in touch @Andy74 I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your router is getting a stable line speed of 76.3mbps with no issues detected.

From what I can see it appears all your devices are wireless so I suspect this may be an issue with the wireless connectivity. I'd recommend trying the steps Here to change the wireless channel as it's currently set to automatic. It may also be worth connecting some devices onto the 5GHz frequency and see how that goes.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Andy74

Hi

I’ve had a play around with the hub Channel settings and also reset the router and things seem to be back to their normal speeds.

Cheers

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Andy.

I'm happy to see you're back up to speed now.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet