cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really low speeds.

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Really low speeds.

I started my fibre package 2 weeks ago and now the speed is ridiculously low. The last speed test I did was 0.25 mbps. Any help would be appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Really low speeds.

Hi @Crowen_2007, I've tested your line and we've found a fault on your phone line which is likely affecting this.

I've raised a support ticket on your account with what we need to do to move forward, which you can view here.

Please let us know once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Crowen_2007
Dabbler

I've read the tickets but I'm afraid we dont have a phone to test the line.
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting me know @Crowen_2007, it's not the telephone itself that you need to plug into the test socket but the entire broadband connection in your home should be running through the master socket, so it would just be the broadband line you connected at this time.

There's a really helpful guide on the forums here which should help.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Ok, I'm just confused because the ticket I looked at with the video, all it talks about is plugging in your phone into the test socket. So what actually am I meant to be doing to check it? Also the here link you've provided doesnt direct me to anything.
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I do apologise @Crowen_2007 the link should work here, the DSL cable from your router should be plugged into your master socket currently, either with or without a microfilter depending upon your setup.

This should then be plugged into the test socket with a microfilter, once this has been done I can complete further testing from our side as you're unable to with not having a phone.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Ok I understand now. I have now connected it to the test socket