cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really low download speed & High Ping

dontdisobey
Hooked

Really low download speed & High Ping

So lately i have been getting extremely low download speeds (like 0.7 - 5Mbps Cry ) i used to get around 12 - 25 Mbps on wifi, i know wifi is usually unstable and wired is better, but it has been decent for nearly a year. Just wanted to know if there's something wrong with my line and if there's a fix Smiley

10 REPLIES 10
Excalibre68
Rising Star

Re: Really low download speed & High Ping

A quick fix would be to reboot your modem and router and see if that helps other than that you may need to raise a ticket but you'll probably die from old age Crazy before you get an answer lol. Crazy3

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
dontdisobey
Hooked

I've rebooted my router many times, and i have heard rumours of how long it takes to get a response on a ticket and on the phones so i thought i'll just write on the forum for suggestions Grin . Thanks anyway lol Cheesy .

Martin4
Dabbler

Your question can't be answered without more info.

Like, what is the modem sync speed. You can get this be logging into the modem/router or here:

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Also, what package are you on, fibre or ADSL?

Martin

dontdisobey
Hooked

If your'e talking about the estimate speed it says: 80Mb (This may vary between 62.8Mb and 80Mb), Current line speed: 38.4 Mb. And i'm on fibre btw Smiley

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Come on PN where are you ?   3 days since OP and no reply to this ,,,, Friday evenin and its beer Oclock   PN clocked off now till monday Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Martin4
Dabbler

If your line is syncing at 38Mb/s and your only seeing 2Mb/s on your wifi, then the problem most likely lies with your wifi.

You should run a speedtest e.g. www.speedtest.net from a computer with a wired connection to your router to confirm this.

Martin

dontdisobey
Hooked

Just done 2 speed tests on wired, both results were between, 25 - 28 Mbps Cheesy

dontdisobey
Hooked

Welp, looks like im cancelling Plusnet and moving on to virgin media because they have a alot more reliable download speed and ping especially in my area . goodbye lol Cry

0rangecake
Dabbler

Don't get too excited, their network is oversubscribed too; if not more so. My friend who's with Virgin gets random ping spikes and connection issues every other evening.

dontdisobey
Hooked

every other night is better than all day lol