Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Slow Upload Speeds

FIXED
jeremysmith81
Dabbler

Re: Really Slow Upload Speeds

It's not really improving it much at all by taking the cover off the master socket more so it's the fact it makes it far more stable I think, would rather have a stable upload speed than something that continues to fluctuate to really slow levels like seen it before go down to about 10kb/s previously at a few points.

jeremysmith81
Dabbler

Apologies essentially yeah

jeremysmith81
Dabbler

Also it's wired again dunno what's wrong with my head today

Thanks so much, not really sure about the dB levels and such rather the attachment is what was on the help desk part of the PN router

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Jeremy. Firstly welcome to our community forums and I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've just tested your line and we're detecting a fault which we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I'd head on over to http://faults.plus.net to raise a ticket to us, once you've done this feel free to nudge us over here and we'll get it picked up as soon as we can to arrange the engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jeremysmith81
Dabbler

Hi there and thanks so much.

Yeah I raised a ticket and it's number is 193552789

Thanks so much again

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @jeremysmith81,

Thanks for doing that. I've tested and it looks to be a line fault, but this is going to need access to the premises. To save time I've booked in a placeholder appointment and confirmed it on the ticket but if this isn't doable for you can you update better access times on the ticket and let us know here and we'll get it changed for you. 

jeremysmith81
Dabbler

Yeah took a little while but its all fixed and working probably better than it has in least weeks since the upload speed (even download consistency has massively improved with it, occassionally would drop out completely but wasn't any worse than what my previous provider was like (cable) considering the jitter that was on the network.

Thanks so much

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

That's great to hear @jeremysmith81.

Do give us a nudge if you need anymore support with anything.

Thanks.

Maddie1

I am fed up with Plusnets slow speeds! 18.62  Unlimited Fibre?!! My movies on Amazon Prime wont even play because of the slow speed! I had an email a while ago telling me that they had been over charging me, which has been deducted from my following bills, also BT Sport price going up to £10 per month plus the speed is rubbish! Service not good at all!!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Maddie1

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry you're experiencing slow speeds.

I've taken a look at your account and agree that the speeds you're receiving should be better - you're currently in sync at around 20mb/s when your line is capable of around 32mb/s.

I'd initially recommend connecting your router to the test socket of your premises as described here. If that doesn't help - raise a fault here and we'll ask our suppliers to take a look at this for you.

Please let us know if you need any further support in terms of your billing query - it sounds as though my colleagues have picked this up for you, but happy to get involved if required.

Best wishes

Dave