cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload speed reduced

clarkes279

Good afternoon all,

i have also been demoted without warning to under 2meg ( 1.65 ) upload from 20meg, after talking to them on the chat they told me that my profile is set at 2meg even tho i have been getting 20meg for the last 10 months and i have proof of this on my phone showing my download as 37-39 meg and my upload as 18-19meg using wifi,

this has been changed in the last week as i done a test on the 6th june 37meg down 18meg up

not happy [Removed] on chat told me all i could do was upgrate to the 80/20 service and that they have not changed anything

what can i do to get the service i was sold back to how it was.

clarkes279

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post moved to it's own thread and title changed for better visibility

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid the the 40/2 service is correct for you. You signed up on September last year, we stopped selling 40/20 to new customers/accounts on 16th June last year.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clarkes279

Thank you for the infomation,

So how come i have been getting the wrong upload speed for 10 months and then they decide to change it back down without warning, i picked plusnet as i was informed when ordering it would be 40/20 and it has been but now for some reason it has been changed.

For some reason this is not adding up have i been sold a lemon.

stuart.

Chris
Legend

Your service was provided incorrectly on the higher upload speed, all we've done is alter this to the product that was advertised when you signed up. Sorry if you weren't expecting this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clarkes279

Thank you for the reply,

If my service was provided incorrectly ? do you not think that it could have been sold incorrectly to boost sales, i went to plusnet over my old providor ( lets call them chat chat ) as i was told i would be getting a faster better service but its turning the other way as i`m now slowed down to 2meg upload.

stuart.

Chris
Legend

I'm confident that the correct upload speed was being advertised in September last year, it was simply a provisioning error that led to you getting a higher than advertised speed since then until now.

clarkes279

Again thank you for replying,

Not sure whats going on but from what i can make out from reading on here and the internet plusnet are capping alot of people down to 2meg without warning the forum is flooded with the same issue, so either plusnet have made a huge mistake selling a product that they shouldnt have been or we all thought we was getting something better only to find out 9/10 months later that the service is being downgraded.

loving the high speed connection 10.6 down and 0.66 up not bad for a fibre service

"tested using btwholesale tester"

Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 80Mb and 80Mb)

Checked on 2016-06-16 16:20:53
Current line speed:21 Mb

infomation from plusnet.

stuart.