cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n?

philwalton
Dabbler

Hello,
I have a TG582n - I have to keep resetting it in order to access the internet with decent speed.
I am almost sure it is not a line problem as I am getting speeds in excess of 25 Mbs consistently.
I have cleaned most software of the pc and reloaded windows and still get a "connecting2 message for long periods.
All the support people seem to do is promise to check the line over a 3 day period.
Could this be a firmware problem and if so how is it resolved please?
Thanks...Phil Walton

7 REPLIES 7
philwalton
Dabbler

I am getting speeds around 25 Mbps - usually 26Mbps although the speed was 30 Mbps for a couple of years.
It's not been a problem before. I'm not sure what would happen if ny speed is faster that top SYNCH speed?
Thanks for the reply
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hello Phil Walton. This doesn't sound like this has anything to do with Firmware but in any event it appears you are probably on FTTC with the speeds you've mentioned. Could you start your own thread on the Fibre board with the results from the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post there (no need to grab an image). Also post your Current Line speed (Login required) but don't post your phone number.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

If Phil Walton has recently had their 582n firmware upgraded, it's https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148555.0.html
Anotherone
Champion

Re: Re: Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n?

Phil is experiencing a speed problem not a DNS one, so speed aspects should be checked out before anything else.
Phil, as a moderator has split out your post to it's own thread for clarity, can you post the information requested in my previous post here. Thanks.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've pushed a config update to the router regardless. Let me know if there's any improvement Phil.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

Re: Re: Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n?

Belt and braces  Wink
philwalton
Dabbler

Sorry for the late reply.
I've been away from my computer. Today the performance is much improved so hopefully the config update has helped.
Many thanks...Phil