Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Throttling at peak times?

TheChefuk
Hooked

Hi

Been with plusnet for around 10 years, fibre for at least 7... no problems till a week ago now speeds as low as 2 Mbps from a constant 38-45 Mbps on wireless with 2 kids on ipads/xbox/phones etc .Seems a lot of people are having the same problems. Need to sort this out Plusnet...

11 REPLIES 11
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@TheChefuk wrote:

Been with plusnet for around 10 years, fibre for at least 7... no problems till a week ago now speeds as low as 2 Mbps from a constant 38-45 Mbps on wireless with 2 kids on ipads/xbox/phones etc

Hi @TheChefuk  Your problem probably needs to be investigated as a possible fault and should be in its own Topic.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note

Posts split to their own topic for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @TheChefuk

I've got our suppliers to move your connection over to a different VLAN in the hope that will resolve the issues you're experiencing. It should complete within the next 48 hours and I've set a reminder for myself to check back then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

I locked @TheChefuk's other thread so as to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our suppliers have advised us that your circuit has been moved.

How are your speeds?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheChefuk
Hooked

Hi
A lot better! Up to 30/36 Mbps now ping sat at around 20/25. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the quick response and help. Cheers. 👍👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear that! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheChefuk
Hooked

Hi

Iam back to slow speeds again.... between 5-7 Mbps. Can anyone help? Been fine for the last 2 weeks now slowwwww again.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our tests still aren't flagging any issues, but I'd like to take this back to our suppliers.

Can you run the BT speedtest at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection, completing the further diagnostics at the end, and then report the fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

Let me know over here when you've done that and I'll look at it tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheChefuk
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Done the test and all seems fine!! Strange it was dipping so low last night, will keep my eye on it the next week or so. Thanks for your fast response and help

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear Thumbs_Up

It's flagged to the relevant people and we're investigating though. Would be helpful to know if the issues return.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet