Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems with internet connection

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Its likely to be username: admin - Password -password or 1234.

Worth a try whilst you wait, you can connect to it by typing http://192.168.1.1 in your browser.

seascapes99
Dabbler

Many thanks for that.  You were right re the password.  I've now had 'instructions' from my Plusnet Case Manager and STILL this new router won't connect.  I expect the next thing they'll do is blame my computer!  They are going to call me back some time this afternoon.  I'm pretty sure they don't know what to do next!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear the broadband engineer couldn't fix the problem @seascapes99

Engineer notes advise the Hub One isn't compatible with the Huawei technology at the cabinet/exchange. And I'm also sorry to hear you're still unable to connect with a different type of router.

I'm raising an escalation with our suppliers now to see if we can get an experienced engineer assigned.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Digging into this I can see you had a very brief connection on Sunday:

This tells me that the problem wasn't with the compatibility of the Hub One. In addition, the router was *in sync* to the cabinet, but it just wasn't authenticating. If it was a compatibility issue it likely wouldn't sync at all.

I've raised the escalation now. We should have a response within a few hours and we'll go from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet