cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poor Upload Speed

daveofcymru

Hi, I have a very slow upload speed, tested @ 0.08Mbps, and that was one of the higher test results.  We are on fibre broadband (paying extra for the privelage) is ours capped or does our router need updating?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

split into its own topic and moved to correct area.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Was that done over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
daveofcymru

Wireless connection. While looking at causes of the issue online I noted that many people solve the issue with a firmware update on the router.  Checking our Thomson tg585 v8 I noted version 8.2.7.8, is this the latest version?

daveofcymru

Speed test with a wired connection resulted in a 2.9mb download speed (usually around 6-7mb on wireless) and an upload speed of 0.39mb (usually around 0.02mb on wireless)

daveofcymru

just done another wireless speed test, 2.9mb download (an issue as we pay for the higher speed, this has previously tested at 6-7mb!!) and a 0.07 upload.  Is there some problem with the router?  We pay for the higher speed but don't seem to be getting it, also lots of cut outs and pages taking a long time to load.