cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Trials - BT FTTP Alternative

robbos21

Well I'm leaving plusnet as my downloads should be 33mb sec but only get 2.6 max if lucky and that on quiet times. Had call from BT and they did test and I will get 30mb sec mniimum with max upto 46mb downloads FTTP connection so going back to them as once in it will be £30 a month as which be paying for this anyway which now FKD up as cant get wifi on phones or tablets now just downloads on comp using here :(:(
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Having checked your account it doesn't look like you've ever actually been in touch with us regarding slow speeds. It does seem you may have a fault on your line which could be the cause of the slow speeds.
Ideally we would have preferred to have been notified that your services was not performing as expected so we could investigate this further and try to get this resolved for you.
As it currently stands, we won't be able to raise the fault report to our suppliers due to the order that is in place to migrate your services away Undecided
If you'd like us to try and resolve the speed issues you're experiencing, I would have to request that you cancel the migration and then raise this with our faults team by either giving us a call on 0800 432 0200 or online at http://faults.plus.net. However if you'd prefer to just move provider and hope the issue just goes away, that is entirely your choice. Either way I wish you all the best moving forward.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: robbos21
Had call from BT and they did test and I will get 30mb sec mniimum with max upto 46mb downloads FTTP connection

I don't understand this  Huh On an FTTP connection you should get near enough full speed up to whatever package you are on; so I'm on 80/20 and usually clock around 74/21, and that's on wireless. What FTTP package gives a maximum of 46Mb/s?
Or have I missed something?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It's actually FTTC, I've already reported the post asking for it to be split off in to its own topic in the fibre forum.
Sorry, should have probably mentioned that in my original response.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet