cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Customer and getting slow speeds

karl777
Hooked

We had a BT engineer come check our line and he LAUGHED when I said we pay for high speed fibre broadband and told us they are lying to us.

Plusnet imo make up these figures and so -called awards they claim to have won - yeah sure,PMSL.

Worst customer service I have ever encountered with plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Post split from another thread so not to derail it and to help staff / customer 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
karl777
Hooked

Nope, he said we have been lied too and ripped off by plusnet as we are NOT receiving the speed we are paying for. He also added this seems to be a common problem with plusnet!!!!!!!

Just wish we could get outta this blasted contract so we can get a better service as we have been treated like  [Removed] by this company, all of our sons recommend we move to Virgin as it's a lot cheaper, faster broadband and the most important part - better customer service.

Moderators Note: Avoidance of swear filter removed.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

So lots of complaining, but no facts or details from you.

How about starting with what your phone line is expected to deliver, post the results from the BTW DSL checker, making sure you hide your phone number.

If you could then post the results from your Help Desk tab from the router we could then help advise your best way forward.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @karl777

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with an engineer visit. I've firstly checked the faults we've raised and I can see the only engineer we arranged was in February who fixed an external fault. Was this what you're referring to? 

I've also tested your line and as per the test results I've attached below, I can see your router is getting a download speed of 40mbps and an upload speed of 10mbps, with no drops in your broadband connection over the last 7 days.

As per the supplier availability checker Here, the estimated speed range for your line is between 40mbps and 56.9mbps, though you are currently getting the maximum you can get for your package Unlimited Fibre, based on the 40/10 product.

I've taken the liberty to look into your router's settings and I can see you have a mix of devices connected to your router using an ethernet cable and over WiFi. Can you advise which devices you're having issues on?

Also having read through your other posts you've made here this morning, I understand you're wanting to add bank details to your account, you can do this yourself by setting up a direct debit instruction from Here. If you can't see a change payment method option, using your web browser settings, try zooming out.

I hope this helps.

Test results

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU36538556

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 735.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-07-22T09:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 889.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-08-04T07:48:28Z 2021-08-04T08:03:28Z
Ingress Code Violation 3 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Connection logs

image16280656816862

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@karl777 wrote:

Nope, he said we have been lied too and ripped off by plusnet as we are NOT receiving the speed we are paying for. He also added this seems to be a common problem with plusnet!!!!!!!

@karl777 

From the information provided by Gandalf it appears you're getting exactly what you're paying for.  Roll_eyes

@karl777 wrote:

Just wish we could get outta this blasted contract so we can get a better service as we have been treated like  [Removed] by this company, all of our sons recommend we move to Virgin as it's a lot cheaper, faster broadband and the most important part - better customer service.

Perhaps you shudda done your research before signing up then!  Roll_eyes