cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My new fibre install

ivanidea
Dabbler

The BT engineer is supposed to arrive between 1pm and 6pm today to fit the new master socket.  No sign so far, so I hope it will be an easy trouble free installation.
And I do hope the engineer does actually turn up as well  since I doubt I'll be able to get time off work until the next month after today.
13 REPLIES 13
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Smiley
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

split off to its own thread
ivanidea
Dabbler

It's now gone past 6pm and no sign of a BT Engineer.
I have no idea when I can get time off work for a new appointment.  The worst part is my existing Sky broadband service will expire in a few days time, which will leave me without any internet, despite the fact that I have paid Plusnet for this months service!
I am not happy having wasted an afternoon, and will have to take unpaid leave from work for any future appointments.
ivanidea
Dabbler

I've opened a support ticket, and have not had any reply.
I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order since the contract has clearly been broken.
Certainly not a good way for a company to impress a new customer.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

There doesn't seem to be the usual PN staff support on this forum. Normally you would have received a reply by mid afternoon. The forum used to be an excellent alternative to the appalling telephone wait times. Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@tijara33
Unfortunately the outage on Sunday has meant that we're still playing a bit of catch-up at the moment.
@ivanidea
Sorry to hear that the engineer didn't attend, the ticket you raised is with our team here to arrange a new appointment. Is there any timeslot you are available for?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ivanidea
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris

Sorry to hear that the engineer didn't attend, the ticket you raised is with our team here to arrange a new appointment. Is there any timeslot you are available for?

The morning of Friday 12th December.
I will need confirmation ASAP so I can arrange to take unpaid time off work.
Chris
Legend

We're having a look at this and will get back to you shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ivanidea
Dabbler

Any update on this?  Time is running out (contract with Sky has expired).
If PN can't fulfil their contract, I will move to a supplier who can.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
I've contacted our suppliers this morning and they've confirmed the engineer is booked to come out on the 12th between 8am and 1pm.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ivanidea
Dabbler

Thanks for that.  I've now managed to book unpaid leave from work now, so I just hope the engineer does turn up.
I notice that if I were to miss an appointment, I would be charged £130+vat (at least on the company line) but they don't seem to want to pay if they miss an appointment.
ivanidea
Dabbler

Two engineers turned up to install the new master socket and modem.
I now have internet again.
Hopefully, the accounts department will now adjust the date of the next payment since internet deployment was delayed by 12 days.
Chris
Legend

We can't change the date of the next invoice, but I'm happy to sort out a goodwill gesture for you. I'll go and reply to your ticket with that shortly.