cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moved from Unlimited Fibre to Fibre Extra - no change in speeds

Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Hi i have changed from Fibre unlimited to Fibre unlimited extra about 1 month ago but i still havent seen an increase in download and upload speeds i also had a fault on my line which is getting looked at please help - would be gratefull Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue.

17 REPLIES 17
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Split to its own thread and title changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello there.

Sorry to hear your speeds haven't increased. It looks like our system failed to automatically place the upgrade order with our suppliers. Sad I've just done that for you now, which should complete tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Yeah sure will, i will give it a couple of days then will get back to you Cheesy cheers 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Hi Anoush, just to let you know that my speeds have not changed after switching to fibre extra . After doing some speed tests using the plusnet speed checker my download speeds are 15.60 to 16+  and my upload speeds are around 1.60 . 

i dont mean to be a pain but is everything ok at plusnets end as it seems that speed are going up and down -  mostly down :{

I used to get 19+ download speed and around the 2 upload speed but then everything went crazy :} i not sure why but there must be a problem somewhere .  :]

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If you only got 19Mpbs download speed previously you should never have been offered an upgrade to Fibre extra. You won't get faster speeds. It is only provided if your sync speed estimates are above 40Mbps. What does this checker give for your line?

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Ah i see so what you mean is depending on my line ? me myself i dont really understand how it works - but i signed up for the fibre extra through the  change products menu thinking my speed would boost i will give you the screen shot for you to look at and you can tell me whats going on - cheers in advance Smiley

Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

also this is what im getting when i do the speed test  Smiley

Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Sorry to be a pain again but my router has went to the orange light with the broadband letter  flashing twice since you commented to my post Crazy2 this is on the hub one 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Nothing to do with me, I'm just another customer but your line estimates show that you should never have been able to order Fibre Extra so not sure what happened there.Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear your speeds haven't improved

It does unfortunately look like your line can't handle any more speed regardless of the package.

Nothing to do with me, I'm just another customer but your line estimates show that you should never have been able to order Fibre Extra so not sure what happened there.Huh

I agree, this is a bit puzzling.

My advice would be to downgrade back to Unlimited Fibre, sorry for the disappointment this has inevitably caused. Our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2] should be able to help out with that.

With regards to your connection, things do seem to be a bit unstable:

And your router is getting 16.3mbps with a slightly below your minimum estimate of 16.5mbps. Can you run through the troubleshooting here and let us know if that stabilizes the connection and/or boosts the speed up?

We may potentially need to arrange an engineer to further investigate.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Hi Anoush is it possible to get an engineer to look a whats happening with my broadband problems. as i have had multiple disconects at router and speed going way down its really impossibe to use internet at the moment as i have a large household on devices  -  which isnt good ( kids Cheesy ) And isnt good for my online gaming aswell lol cheers 

We may potentially need to arrange an engineer to further investigate.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like the fault you've reported over the weekend had identified a potential fault, raised a fault with Openreach and an engineer had been assigned today to further investigate.

We'll provide an update when we have more info.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Cheers Thumbs_Up