Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fibre Broadband low speed - NEW Customer

witchdoctor
Dabbler

Good morning..

Your stats re my broadband are optimistic at 1.5Mbps to 4Mbps..My own tests usually come up as 1.3 or less. In fact, the whole thing drops out on a regular basis and I resort to using my Mi-Fi dongle, which doesn't drop out and is marginally faster. so; not great, is it?

Anyway; I've checked everything in the faq's as a matter of course so I guess I'm left with reporting a fault..

Can you look into this and see if we can improve on things? Also; some timescale of when I can expect fibre to be connected and my place, if any, on the waiting list.

Thanks,

Tony.

About your broadband speed

Plusnet Support

7:00 AM (3 hours ago)

Plusnet Support <support@plus.net>
To:

Subject:
Date:
Wednesday, 28 September 2016 7:00 AM
Size:
23 KB

Hello tony,

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed. Now that your broadband has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.

Estimated line speed 1.5Mbps to 4Mbps
Current line speed 1.4Mbps

Your current speed is lower than your original estimate, but don't worry. You should be able to improve things by following the tips in ourbroadband speed guide.

If that doesn't help, you may need to report a fault - please see our speed troubleshooting guide for help with this.

If you've got any questions about your service our Community Forums have loads of information and help available.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Customer Support

www.plus.net

Find Plusnet on

--

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As you can see your line has been disconnecting a lot recently.

Are you plugged in to the master socket? Is there any noise on the phone line if you do the quiet line test on 17070?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
witchdoctor
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

Yes I am plugged  in to the master socket via the provided filter..  I have no idea what the quiet line test on 17070 is or how to carry it out... I plugged in a landline telephone and rang it from my cellphone but it doesn't ring and just goes to a messaging system..

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice....

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Plug in a landline handset and dial 17070 from that. It should offer you a quiet line test. Let us know how that goes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
witchdoctor
Dabbler

Ok.. Done that several times and still silence.. Nothing....