cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fault on my line

carlsthebest
Hooked

if like mine ive been trying for 2 years now to get pluss net to fix mine i had a stable 78.1Mb connection with talk talk.

when i switched to plussnet it was dropping and now 2 years later after purchasing static ip to eradicate the 195 ip addresses routing us to the usa then belgum before we get to what we want. also £300 on new router. 

yet im stuck now only recieving 43Mb so you tell me i wait 45mis every time calling customer service (if you can call it that) prommised so many callbacks that dont happen and now yesterday they tell me there is an impairment in my line of which i told them last year as dsl reports found for me. now waiting again for a fix but they never reimburse we have to look into this first is all i get and this is 2 years worth of superfast fiber extra

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Title changed after being split to its own thread.

5 REPLIES 5
carlsthebest
Hooked

what is the point in contacting people who will do nothing but fob you off with rubbish i mean for a start my ip profile is always dropping

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there @carlsthebest

Looking at your account you reported this issue again yesterday, we tested the line and detected an 'Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network.' and reported this to Openreach for investigation. If there's a fault on the phone line, that's likely to be causing the problems you're seeing. Once we hear back we'll update you with what's happening.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
carlsthebest
Hooked

and again they will come back its ok within 80% as my ip profile is only 53 at mo 

carlsthebest
Hooked

and why has it taken so many calls from me to get this far again not one of your support team have said the same thing they all have diferent answers its probably router as ours are not much cop.

then go getting all new cables

new adsl filter to test outlet socket all this at my cost not to mention allways paid for fiber extra but never recieved 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Split to its own thread and title changed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still