cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband keep dropping out, no issue found on the line

Tim57

We have had the same problem.  The engineer has been, we understand but we are still getting outages and multiple outages per day.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility and to help staff

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Tim57 

I'm sorry for the issues with your connection.  I've tested your line tonight and the tests are showing a high resistance fault which would likely be the cause for the drops but we can't see what's causing that.

I'd recommend plugging your router into what's known as the test socket found behind the faceplate of the master telephone socket, explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 making sure there's no extension cabling between your router and the telephone socket.

If you're still having issues, please could you respond to the fault ticket by logging into your account then going Here with when you'd be available for us to arrange a broadband engineer visit to investigate further.

Feel free to post back after and we'll make sure that's picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet