cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband dropping and low speeds

andyglider

Re: Broadband dropping and low speeds

I'm having the same problems of broadband just dropping out of up to 15 minutes at a time and now very slow speeds. I agree that BT will probably come when it is working again so proving nothing. Anyway I've sent my speed test to Plusnet help to see what is next. Love the way they say it could cost you £65 if the fault is found to be at your end. The router is plugged directly into the main socket so how an it be at my end. This is the second router I've had and I wasn't convinced there was a problem with the first one anyway.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title after split to its own thread.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Broadband connection problems

@andyglider Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any causes but I can the speedtest result wasn't brilliant.

Just to confirm was that over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyglider

Hi.

It was over wired cat5 cable, but same happens over wireless. I'm getting 2 to 3mps download at the moment when I normally get around 75mbs.

Regards

Andrew

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:
Split to new thread and title changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still