cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidly loosing faith in plusnet

Nofaith

Rapidly loosing faith in plusnet

Despite numerous calls to plusnet and being on hold for more that 20 minutes only to be told "I'll just put you through to technical" which then means on hold for even longer.
It's pathetic!
Speeds used to be around 35mb download 9mb upload.
As I speak the download is 18mb but the upload is 0.16!!!! Is an absolute joke! It's been like this for over a month.
At least for the moment it actually works and as a bonus the phone is working.... For the time being that is.
My equipment is not at fault and apparently there is no line fault, despite all the noise that can be heard on the phone.
I did get to the stage of booking an engineer visit but as I work full time and there was no weekend option I was told that if the engineer visits while I'm not in I'll be charged £65 for the pleasure!
So, basically I've been paying plusnet for a service I'm not receiving, therefore, my direct debit will be cancelled if this matter isn't resolved in one week.
9 REPLIES 9
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Rapidly loosing faith in plusnet

I really understand you anger, I would rethink though with cancel your direct debit as this could cause a problem with moving to another supplier but you have my sympathy with this issue No Faith

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hopefully one of the staff will see this ,,,
But being the weekend but I fear it will be Monday before one does 😕
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you have noise on your phone line you are not going to get decent broadband performance until this is fixed.

Before worrying too much about download speed you should plug a wired telephone into the Test Socket, that's the one behind the faceplate on the master socket. Then perform a quiet line test by dialling 17070 and then selecting option 2. You may find the following helpful, be if from Zen rather than Plusnet: https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Performing-a-Quiet-Line-Test?Keywords=fault. If there is noise present report a PHONE fault, not broadband fault to Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Baldrick1 

he wrote his phone is ok at the moment

Part of life living
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Nofaith wrote:
....At least for the moment it actually works and as a bonus the phone is working....

@Bluejay5

The above seems to indicate there is a phone problem as well (added bold for reference).

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Baldrick1

@Bluejay5

Nofaith wrote
...apparently there is no line fault, despite all the noise that can be heard on the phone.

Moderator and Customer

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for making me aware its amazing when there is problem with us your very quick to make a comment back to us. and no one has helped him with this problem 

Shocking 

Part of life living
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your services.

If your line is noisy and we're unable to detect a problem via a line test, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit I'm afraid.

With regards to the possible engineer charge, ideally we wouldn't want an appointment becoming chargeable so we'd arrange the appointment for a time that someone will be in. Apologies that we can't offer a timeslot over a weekend.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1

@Bluejay5 wrote:

Thank you for making me aware its amazing when there is problem with us your very quick to make a comment back to us. and no one has helped him with this problem 

Shocking 

Give me a break! Like you I am only a customer of Plusnet. If you look at my earlier post I advised the OP should report a phone fault.

Moderator and Customer