cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random speed drops.

andytay
Rising Star

Re: Random speed drops.

I'm hoping that when Plusnet update me at 1pm today that it will be good news as this has been going on too long now.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

BTW 3pm 17 Feb 18.jpgIt gets better.Grin 8.8 down, 12.81 up.

andytay
Rising Star

Well no update as promised, dissapointed with plusnet!

Nomadic1
Dabbler

My first chance to carry out BT tests today. I haven't noticed any problem since my previous post. Before I started I ran Speedtest.net using ethernet and the results were 44.6 Download & 6.1 Upload. It was a surprise to get the BT test results below.
I've been prompted to report the results to Plusnet, should I place a call or will someone pick it up here?

First test and Tap3 test connected to speedtest@speedtest_domain
BT Test 1.jpg
BT Test 2.jpg
newagetraveller
Pro

"here is a known problem with Chat appearing to be 'unavailable'   See this thread .   Until it's fixed, the simplest work around is to use the 'Contact us' link at the top of every page.  HTH"

Thanks Maurice. I'm well aware of the contact us but have no desire to waste 45 minutes of my life waiting on the phone. As PN have deemed this and the useless chat to be the only way to contact them. Oh, other than a letter!

I'd wager the sales number is answered pretty tout suite.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@newagetraveller wrote:

Thanks Maurice. I'm well aware of the contact us but have no desire to waste 45 minutes of my life waiting on the phone. As PN have deemed this and the useless chat to be the only way to contact them.

If you use the 'contact us' link and Do Not select the 'visit Help & Support' option but select 'Contact customer services'  you will get to Chat.  OK it may report 'busy' but should not respond with 'unavailable'.

Illogical that you cannot access Chat via Help & Support, but a fix is in the pipeline.  Undecided

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andytay
Rising Star

Well what can i say no reply from plusnet help team as promised last week and today my speed has dropped to a lousy 3meg!

If i dont get a reply either today or by teatime tomorrow i'm taking this to ofcom.

newagetraveller
Pro

PN don't care Andy.

Roll on the next inevitable price rise. Before anyone chimes in that the problem will follow you, yes, maybe it will but a different ISP might have the backbone to kick OR's backside into proper action.

Rather than, your line is fine when quite clearly our's aren't!

markb1604

I've got exactly the same problem, in contract till May next year so seems I'm stuck with it. 

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Those people having issues with Plusnet and its been going on for 9 weeks read this link and get the help from them

https://ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications/raising-a-company-complaint

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
markb1604

Sent me a new router and, guess what 2 days in and doing the same. Speed drops to 26mbs