Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random reboots of Hub One Router

FIXED
Leybald
Fixes: 1

Random reboots of Hub One Router

I have fibre broadband with a Hub One Router, last night the router rebooted every few minutes. When I looked at the log on the router I saw quite a few reboots with the message about "watchdog" causing a reset. Is this a hardware problem with the router, maybe the Hub Ones due an update?  

Its been stable and at the moment no disconnects for approaching 20 hours. The router has done random reboots before but not constantly on and off for a couple of hours,

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Random reboots of Hub One Router

Hi @Leybald,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with your services. I've tested your line today and I wasn't able to find any faults that could have caused the drops to occur, so if this issue does happen again, I would recommend to follow our troubleshooting guide, which can be found here, and also set the router up within the test socket in your property, another guide for which can be found here.

If this doesn't help to resolve the problem, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further investigation as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I had the same problem a while back as can be seen here.

Never did find out why...

Leybald

The BT connection is one of the new BT twin socket ones for fibre, one connection to fibre DSL modem/router and the other to the phone line. Is there any benefit to connecting to the test socket? Also .... just found out my next door neighbour had a BT engineer around last night trying to sort out a problem at their house. Not sure what he was doing but the timing coincided.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Leybald

Thanks for coming back to us with that update - it's appreciated.

The test socket is always beneficial as it rules out any aspect of the faceplate affecting your connection.

That being said, with no external faults being identified today and the engineer being present at your neighbour's premises at around the same as your drops, its potentially related.

Keep an eye on things and raise a fault as per AJ's previous post if need be.

We're happy to help/pick up your fault if you let us know you've raised one.

Best wishes

Dave

Leybald

Fix

I'll chalk this up to a spurious fault caused by the BT engineer for now, if it re-surfaces I'll raise a fault.

Thanks all