cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random drop outs.

bigchrisrogers
Hooked

Re: Random drop outs.

That's just a common scam.  I get them several times a week.  Nothing to do with BT, plusnet, inland revenue or whoever they're pretending to be.

Florian7
Dabbler

Oh, well then. Good thing it didn't get anywhere with them, I could barely understand them and hung up out of frustration.

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@Florian7 I'm glad to hear you didn't give them any details, please do let us know if you have any further questions or queries.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
dp3435

@Buttercup 

Could a member of the team look into my account and see if you are detecting the drop-outs that I get randomly?

Do I need to set up a new thread / discussion?

Florian7
Dabbler

So it's been a good while now. Still no sign of the replacement router I was told I'd be getting weeks ago.

Florian7
Dabbler

Nah, you know what. I'm going to start switching providers tomorrow. I'm not dealing with this anymore.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

So have you got an ongoing fault report, or are you relying on their mind reading abilities?

Any fault is likley to follow to a new isp, so you are going to have to put some effort in sooner or later.

Florian7
Dabbler

Let me give you a run down of what's been happening since I got to fibre broadband:

It's been dropping constantly on a daily basis and not stopping any time soon.

I reported it to be looked at.
Called numerous times whiles getting mixed messages from them that went from external, to internal and back to external issues.

Had an engineer around telling me the line is fine.

Was told I'd get a new router send to me thinking it may be a faulty router that I have, it hasn't turned up.

And i'm now fed up with it. There's me effort and do me the favour and don't start talking to me like I've not been trying. I don't need this from anyone right now.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just look at your thread again, there has been a 3 week gap. No idea what is on your fault ticket now, but they shut after no activity. Did the router get sent?

Are the drops on wifi or also on the wire connections?
What about the router lights when you get the drops? Do they change?

If you are still in contract, do you know how much the cancellation costs are?

As you have recently upgraded I suspect quite high.

Florian7
Dabbler

I don't know why I bother interacting to people like you, especially someone like you that busts in here acting like a know-it-all jerk...

You're the one that should look at the thread and see it's been an ongoing mess, a mess I've been having since my upgrade (Feb-Mar).

I'm not going to say anything else now, I' am thoroughly done with it.