Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random drop outs.

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Random drop outs.

I'll keep them crossed for you too @Florian7! The ticket will stay open in it's current state for the next 14 days without a response, so do take as much time as you need to monitor it in this timeframe before confirming a time to book an engineer if you still wish to do so.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Florian7
Dabbler

Nope, it still happens. I'll try and call plusnet about this most likely tomorrow. This is no longer tolerable.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Florian7

I'm sorry to read the issue is still occurring, if you could read this support ticket here and provide the requested information we can get the fault moved forwards for you. Just give us a nudge here once you've responded to the ticket. 

Cheers.

Florian7
Dabbler

How will I go about it? I really don't quite know what to do with it.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @Florian7, just click on the link in my above response - it should take you to a log in page and then take you through to the ticket. Once there if you scroll to the bottom of the page you should see an option to "add further comments" or similar. 

Thanks. 

Florian7
Dabbler

What do I put into it?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We just need your agreement to the engineer statement on the support ticket alongside dates you'll be available for the appointment. You should see @Buttercup's response from earlier, the information we require is all written up there. 

Thanks. 

dp3435

Hello,

I'm having similar issues as the original post.

All working fine, then it drops off - wifi and wired devices.  The red 'b' comes on and my web browser tells me theres a broadband problem with the Plus Net Hub.  After a minute or two, everything is working again.

Sometimes, like today, it has happened about 3 times.

Florian7
Dabbler

So I've been getting mixed messages here. One moment it's external, then internal, then back to external. Yesterday had an engineer around telling me there aren't any faults with the line (bet I'll get charged for this) and tell me it could be my hub itself that's the problem that I need a new one for.

Plusnet...

What. Is. Happening here?!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Florian7

I've checked over the fault support ticket and can see the engineer could not identify a fault during the appointment, if the fault is still occurring at your end can you please get back in touch with our faults team and we'll be able to go from there. 

Cheers. 

Florian7
Dabbler

Phone in again and it is said that I'll be getting a replacement hub.

To be frank, if this still doesn't fix it then I'm switching out. I won't be putting up with random drops like this any longer.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear you managed to get back in touch and a new router has been sorted for you. If you need further assistance after the router arrives please do get back in touch. 

Florian7
Dabbler

Apparently my internet is compromised so [-Censored-] this.

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there @Florian7! I can't see any notes on your account that would indicate your Broadband is compromised in any way - could you clarify further so that we can help you out?

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Florian7
Dabbler

I don't know what's happening, but I just had a phone call that, I think, came from BT themselves that started with an automated voice telling me that my internet will be suspended and had to be put through to get a reason as to why. Of course the person on the phone sounded foreign so it could all be an attempt at a scam or whatever, but anyway, according to them someone got hold of my IP address and is doing some illegal activities from California.

They tried helping me do something on my end but couldn't understand properly over the phone and going 'da blue da blue da blue' so I just hang up.

I really don't want to deal with things like this right now.