cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random disconnects

Cutterschoice
Grafter

Random disconnects

I was hoping I could get some help with some random disconnects that keep happening. I had the openreach engineer around a couple of weeks ago due to this, and he seemed to think the line was fine and could be due to my modem, previous engineer a few months changed some things in the cabinet.

I swapped out my modem, same issue, I got fed up in the end and pulled all my own equipment out and plugged the Plusnet box in, same issue, just random disconnects for about 30 seconds, all comes back on.

Can any suggest anything, I have ordered a new router should be here on Wednesday, thinking this probably won’t solve the issue as it has been on going for a while now. Any advice would be much appreciated. I’m a desktop engineer with little knowledge about networks sadly. I did borrow some line testers from work network cables are all good.

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Random disconnects

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

It's certainly intermittent as shown below

In addition, your speeds are well below your estimates so the issue is more likely to be a fault on the line itself rather than the router.

Our tests back this up as they're advising that there is an "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises"

If you can raise a new fault report by going here, adding your availability for an engineer visit in the comments section at the end and posting back once you've done so we'll get that picked up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cutterschoice
Grafter

Re: Random disconnects

Thank you for your help Matthew, i logged a call this morning, and they have passed it on to an engineer. Hopefully will all get sorted soon.