cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Dropouts

Frosty89

Random Dropouts

Hi everyone.

I'm a new customer and have had broadband for around two weeks now since moving in.
I've had a few dropouts happening (yellow light flashing and then back onto blue) but in the past day or two it has been happening quite frequently with it being multiple times today, I was wondering if someone could help me in figuring out iwhat's causing the dropouts?

Thanks for any help in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Random Dropouts

Hi @Frosty89 

Hope you're doing well  thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum regarding your connection. there are a few things which appear to be going on here, which are having a negative impact on your connection.

1. The router is struggling to authenticate - please follow the instructions on how to authenticate your router here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

2. The line appears to be banded, this may be due to the frequent disconnections, but can also be due to an issues on our suppliers side. I've raised this with the relevant team on our end for further investigation

3. Even when authenticated, the line appears to be dropping out on a frequent basis. this can again be caused by an issue on our suppliers side, however before raising this with our suppliers, we'd need you to carry out some checks on your end to ensure that the source of these problems does not lie within your domain.

Please plug your router into the master socket with no other devices connected. Please also check and confirm that there is no damage to any of your equipment or wiring. Please leave your router in this set up for a minimum of 3 days. Please also try an alternative router and/or microfilter if you have them.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £65 will apply.

If you're interested, I've popped our test results on this post. Please see below.

** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU40023969

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 46.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 19.1 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 332.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 1
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission High
Time Stamp 2021-05-27T02:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 48.9 Mbps 48.9 Mbps 48.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Frosty89

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply.
The router is connected directly at the master phone socket and it has been dropping today quite a bit still. Currently it seems to be only staying connected for a few minutes at a time before dropping out.

Thanks again for your help in advance.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Frosty89,

I'm sorry to hear there's still some drop outs. To investigate further, we may need to arrange an engineer visit. I've updated the open support ticket on your account concerning this, which can be viewed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Frosty89

Hi thanks for the response.
I did a reply to that ticket for you, many thanks again.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this. I've reviewed the account and I can see that you've since spoken to a colleague in the Tech Team and that an appointment has been arranged.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team