cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Disconnection

jonss

Random Disconnection

I moved over to fibre, speed was great, but now I have random service drops sometimes several times a day. I've had Openreach out four times, the only thing they can suggest is that the fault is not on my side of the cabinet having tested my line to the cabinet four times. 

Plusnet have now told me to go away, that they can't fix the issue, to go to another supplier or get satellite !!  They refuse to escalate with Openreach,

Did anyone else resolve this by going to another supplier? Several people in my village have the same issue, although it doesn't bother them so much (I work from home occasionally and need a stable service for Skype for Business) so I am pretty sure it is in the Openreach infrastructure.

At the moment, my only option is to register a dispute with CISAS as Plusnet have just given up.

4 REPLIES 4
XGNBond0100

Re: Random Disconnection

Hi jonss i have the same problem as you sometimes my service disconnects a few times in a row, have you tried another router ? when i was with talktalk there router was rubbish and my service would always disconnect so i switched routers and i still had the problem but it was less frequent. im a new plusnet customer so i havnt had a chance to try out a different router. so the short answer to your question is no i didnt solve my problem by switching supplier....sadly we have to deal with it but like a said a different router may help.

jonss

Thanks for your suggestion. I am on my third router! PlusNet prefer to try a new router as its cheaper than sending an engineer. I have both PlusNet (2)  and the John Lewis router, none of them have made any difference!

i have written to the CEO and I'm going to raise a dispute with the regulators in the hope someone will listen.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for taking the time to post. I've looked over your account and can see this is already in the hands of the HLE team and has been dealt with by one of the most experienced faults agents in the company.

At the moment, my only option is to register a dispute with CISAS as Plusnet have just given up.

I'm afraid that CISAS aren't there to help get faults resolved or force ISPs to fix issues, they are there for service disputes rather than fault fixing.

I do appreciate the frustration that a dropping connection can bring, however the frequency of these is below what would normally be classed as a fault but I can see that we have continued to try and help resolve this for the last few months with yourself and Openreach.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jonss

I am sorry, Chris, but you work for Plusnet, you are going to say it is acceptable. It is not, and the HLE team have done nothing apart from making my service slower, then tell me to go away and get my service from another provider.  Even your CEO doesn't have the courtesy to reply to my emails now. "We'll make you proud"  Really?

I do not accept that four or more drops of service in a single day is fair and just because it below what you would class as a fault, it does not meet with my requirements and expectations. From the advice of Openreach engineers, I am pretty sure it is an Openreach issue that I expect Plusnet to manage with Openreach, not make excuses.

It is not the number of drops that is the problem, it is the reliability of the service I am disputing. I use the Internet to make Skype For Business calls, losing service in the middle of a call, then having to wait 5 minutes for the router to cycle is not on. If I could prevent these by a re-boot of the router I would, it is not knowing when they will happen that is the min issue.

I will still open a case with CISAS as this is now a dispute. I pay for a service that you are failing to deliver. The outcome I want is a fix and fair compensation for the time I have wasted on this.