Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-N66U - How do I find the sync speed.

robquick
Grafter

RT-N66U - How do I find the sync speed.

Hi,
Just set up my new ASUS RT-N66U, how would I find the sync speed within the router interface ?? I'm not an expert with this sort of thing but I thought you could see the speed when you went to the 192.168.1.1 page ?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: RT-N66U - How do I find the sync speed.

Errr. Isn't this router just a router? That is, it does not include the modem - and you use the standalone Openreach modem?
If so, then the router doesn't know the sync speed - only the modem does.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
robquick
Grafter

Thanks for the reply !! Is it possible to see the speed of the modem then ? The reason I mentioned it in my original post was the fact that when I went into the old Plusnet router it used to show 65mbps, I always assume that was my sync speed........obviously not.
Thanks again.
x47c
Grafter

Trying to put it simply:
The modem - assuming it is the standard BT supplied HG612 is locked down as secured against you.
The HG 612's can be hacked to unlock them to give you the stats - someone will be along point to the webpage telling you how to do it.
You do need a certain degree of computing  knowledge on how to do it like configuring static IP's and connecting cables to the Lan2 for the stats and lan1 for the web.
The ECI modem sometimes supplied instead cannot be hacked unless you "really" know what you are doing as it involves soldering extra connections into the units PCB.
The only other way is to buy yourself a combined VDSL modem/router unit which are starting to come onto the market now.
Many however seem (from what I have read on the web) to have various 'problems'
I guess the technology/availability of units is not as mature and as stable as for ADSL units..........
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can of course get the download sync from the BT speed test - further diagnostics - and multiply the IP profile by 1.033