cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REIN issue possibly due to new outdoor water company sewerage pump - need help!!

markangeltruema
Dabbler

REIN issue possibly due to new outdoor water company sewerage pump - need help!!

Hi

I have now had a month of really quite unreliable internet connectivity with dropouts for hours on end to the exchange coupled with very bad phone line quality at the same time. 2 Openreach engineers have been out and neither have found line faults. I'm starting to think it's REIN interference.

This all seems to have started when Anglia Water installed what I believe to be a sewerage pump directly outside my property, right next to the telegraph pole that serves my house. (2 image files attached)

I guess my question is, "is this a likely cause of REIN? and if so, how the bejeezus do we get it sorted". I've exhausted pretty much every internal device/pump from being the cause of my problems.

Timings of outages seem to be primarily from lunchtime onwards up until early evening. Overnight is usually problem-free. Not sure if this timing fits in the with the operational schedule of one of these pumps but it does seem likely that it waits for higher sewerage levels before kicking in.

I have read that it's possible to check with a medium wave radio, but i dont have one to hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Tags (3)