cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Fault

Tim71

RE: Fault

Hi all, I recently posted a fault which was being delt with however when checking the status today it says that I have closed the fault??? If I have then ths was by accident. I have copied the scrip so far below, could this be reopened please.

Question #198511868 - Your Feedback

< Back

Your Response
11:06pm, Wednesday 29 Jan 2020

Broadband Troubleshooter started

Now you've confirmed your contact details and telephone number your broadband is supplied on, we need to ask you some questions about your problem.

We'll save your answers for 14 days, so you can come back if you don't have time to answer everything now.

Your Response
11:06pm, Wednesday 29 Jan 2020
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your Response
11:08pm, Wednesday 29 Jan 2020
[Internal]
Fault ID: 35466 was created
- Fault start date was added and set to 29-01-2020
- Service affected was added and set to Voice & Broadband
- Fault symptom was added and set to Noisy
Your Response
11:08pm, Wednesday 29 Jan 2020

Thanks for answering our questions

The problem you've identified with your phone line is the likely cause of your broadband problem. We need this fixing before we can investigate further.

As we're your phone provider, we'll investigate and report this problem for you.

Once the problem with your phone is fixed

Your broadband should work again. If you find your broadband is slower than before you reported this problem don't worry, this is normal. You'll need to be connected for up to 3 days before your broadband speeds return the speeds prior to the problem.

We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

[INTERNAL]
Investigate fault with customer's phone line.

Tahir Mahmood - CSC Analyst
10:27am, Friday 31 Jan 2020

Community Conversation ID # 161437305 29/01/20 @ 23:48

" Poor speeds

Ive been having issues with speeds since changing to plusnet, however it has gotten much worse latley, I raised a fault earlier in the month and was told that the bandwidth had been reset, also the advice from plusnet was to buy a better router as WIFI connection was so poor we could hardly use it. We live in a small 2 bed bungalow which is literaly 10 paces from front to back, the router is in the middle and we go from 4 bars of WIFI in living room with router to 2 or sometimes 1 bar when at front or back of bungalow(5 paces away). Anyway I bought a new router wich has made a big differance to WIFI owever overall speeds are terrible, normal download whilst plugged in with a network cable is between 10mb and 20mb and fluctuates greatly we are on fiber plus so should be getting around 39mb minimum. I am really regretting changing to plusnet, we have had broadband here for many years at supposidly lesser speed with little issue. Ive raised another fault today so will wait to see if anything can be done. Ive undergone all the checks I can find on the forums etc to no avail. lease please help or please let me gt out of this contract, cant bare to think we are stuck with this for another year. "

END
Tahir Mahmood - CSC Analyst
1:58pm, Friday 31 Jan 2020
Dear Mr Rudd,

Thank you for contacting us via our Community forum.

I'm sorry to hear of the problem with your broadband speed and appreciate your new router has made some difference but not with the overall speed. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have been causing you.

I have carried out some diagnostic tests on your phone and broadband. Your broadband is showing good connection stability with speeds at 48.9 Mbps downstream and 16.4 Mbps upstream, these are in line with the averages for your product and speed.

Your phone line is however showing premature termination, which may be impacting upon your broadband connection. I have raised this with our suppliers Openreach for further investigation and an engineer visit.

Fault ref. TR0000011666156

There is a possibility that the engineer may need to visit your property. Please can you accept the following statement in case he does:

"I will now book an engineer to investigate the fault. If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of Openreach equipment within your property and its boundary, or if no fault is found, you will be charged £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice.

This will apply at all times whilst we're working on the fault.

Do you accept the possibility of a charge?"

Please respond via this ticket to accept the statement.

The estimated Openreach response time is by 5 pm 4th February, this may be sooner however. I will review your ticket on Monday to see if there has been any progress.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Tahir Mahmood

[Email notification sent to: timrudd71@outlook.com]
Your Response
2:58pm, Friday 31 Jan 2020
Question closed by customer on website.
Your Response
2:58pm, Friday 31 Jan 2020
[Internal]
Fault ID: 35466 updated
- Engineer visit was added and set to No
- Outcome was added and set to Customer cancelled before fault resolved
- Fault resolved date was added and set to 31-01-2020
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: RE: Fault

Hi @Tim71,

No problem, I've opened a new ticket which refers back to the closed one here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198642329

Please respond when you can and feel free to update this thread when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Tim71,

I have sent you an update via this ticket, please can you respond on the ticket and let me know here once you have done so.

Thanks - LF

Tim71

Sorry but how do i respond? I have opened the ticket but cant see anywhere to comment or respond?HuhHuh

Tim71

I think ive done it now, thanks

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Tim71,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've raised the fault for you and have confirmed this via ticket.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF