cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick (simple ) FTTC resync question

xist
Grafter

Quick (simple ) FTTC resync question

I suspect that I already know the answer but when PN support tells you one thing and you think the other it ends up being a mess of confusion.

I've just had my line queued for the 55/10 update (it was sorted over the weekend), do I need to reset my MODEM to resync up to 55 from 40 or my ROUTER (as the PN support stated). Personally I'd assume the former since that's what connects me to the cabinet and my router just talks to me and the modem, but the monster that is DLM has me running scared of making too many mess ups.

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Quick (simple ) FTTC resync question

In theory - I think - the change from 40/20 (really 80/20) to 55/10 will create an automatic modem resync

However in a number of cases the change is only a change in settings at the Plusnet end (you will still be on the 80/20 product but rate limited to 55/10 instead of 40/20) and in this case a router disconnect/reconnect is all that would be needed

xist
Grafter

Thanks...but If my PN IP profile and BT IP profile both say 55, and I've resynced my router just now and my test results remain at 38 down and 8 up what do I do next? I don't think that I've had any IP changes in the past few days when the transition must have occurred so I'm uncertain whether a modem resync has happened.

You know what, I'm not insane....38 down is fine. I'll just wait until whatever happens, happens.....fingers crossed that's positive.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are on the new network then the accessible Plusnet profile isn't relevant

This will need staff to comment

xist
Grafter

Well given the resync noise perils I'd much rather have the knowledge to do it myself at a good time, or have whoever takes it upon themselves to help out look at my noise margin first before doing anything at all so I don't end up with worse sync. The amount of problems here is intimidating and I'm generally ok..