cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable speeds.

darrencook

Questionable speeds.

Okay so moved from EE fibre to Plusnet to save a few quid.. and im aware im in the 'learning' time but what the hell..

im barely at 30mbps down and 1.7mbps up.... i was on 42mbps down and 10mbps up on EE... 

Im seriously questioning if this speed is going to go back up or time to jump boat/ taking up spoon whittling time!

Unimpressed....

Edit: Oh and yeah im using ethernet and pc to test this, even though this plus hub thing doesnt even let me change DNS names or even view my sync speed... wtf?

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Questionable speeds.

You should be able to see the sync speeds by going on the troubleshooting page then clicking helpdesk?

With regards to your other points if you can PM me your username I'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
darrencook

Done....

also sync speed for upload is really damn low

6. Data rate: 2000 / 39993
nadger
Rising Star

Looks like you signed up to unlimited fibre and your sync speeds are correct.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Did you sign up for 'Unlimited Fibre' ('Up to 38Mb' (which has 2Mb/s max up sync)) or 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' ('Up to 76Mb' (with up to 20Mb/s up sync))?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
darrencook

At no point do i remember seeing any mention of a 2mbps upload or id of never changed to plusnet.

Most unimpressed!!!!!!!

darrencook

£2 a month saving to get 8mbps less upload speed. epic deal.

I'll be expecting a phone call to discuss leaving your service as of this moment.

Tags (1)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry you feel that way but we do state during the sign up process that the upload speed is up to 2mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team