cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question closed but still a problem

bobw1943
Grafter

Question closed but still a problem

After a live chat session about a speed problem I was sent a message to say a question had been raised on my account and that I could add to it if necessary. However the question had been closed. The problem persists.

For some weeks I've been getting between 20mbps and 28mbps. This is less than i got when fibre was first installed. I also had a problem with streaming devices buffering. The assistant tested my line and said the download speed was 47.3 mbps but that since I was measuring on wi-fi i would not reach that. He suggested i try wi-fi analyzer on my android tablet and change channels if necessary. I did change channels and the streaming problem seems to have eased. However the speed is no better. My question was No.124099356 and I would like someone to take it up again. I do not have the ability to test speed by LAN since my desktop PC and router are in different rooms and I don't have another device with a LAN socket.

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Question closed but still a problem

I've had a look at the ticket you've mentioned and that was never an open ticket on the account, it was put on the account as a closed ticket just noting the conversation for internal reference.

If you'd want to proceed with raising a fault ticket, you could do so at http://faults.plus.net however we would need you to test using a wired connection to rule out problems being caused by the wireless connection. If a fault was raised and went on to an engineer to find out the problem is down to the wireless connection, you'd unfortunately end up being charged for the visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobw1943
Grafter

Re: Question closed but still a problem

Well that's me stuffed then.

Part of the text of the Plusnet email was as follows....

You can follow the progress of this Question online and add information if you need to.