Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #93517185

petecov44
Grafter

Question #93517185

Has been closed by BTO
Come on- 15.8mbps is not acceptable when the estimate is 32 profile was 40 they are the first on the NGA and it's around the corner! They have never got faster than this even when the profile was at 40. The rest of the village is going to get nothing then as they further out still.
Unless the line length is over 2000M from the NGA (which I would hope not ) then there is no reason why they should be getting this speed
I championed this and now I am starting to look a right pratt and I don't appreciate it

Also despite being told one price they are being charged another but I have raised a ticket about that too.
One thing that is good - all this info is going to Gigaclear as I said half of the town have been left out so there is still 400 houses which could forfill their pre signup
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Question #93517185

What are the line estimates from the DSL Checker page?
petecov44
Grafter

http://prntscr.com/50rb7s
It was wired into what we thought was the NTE5 but it turns out it was not it was an extension but one that's been in use all the time - they now have the kit next to this new faceplate so I don't think it's an extension anymore?
Unless the fibre is now wired into an extension which might explain things.
petecov44
Grafter

No one at PN interested? Do we need to stop payment to get your attention?
What's the procedure for when the engineer wires up the wrong socket? (he told us it was the NTE5 as we didn't know)
Cost or otherwise - we need this sorting please!
Method0ne
Grafter

While I can't offer any help on the matter, I too find it appalling that both support tickets and forum questions with real issues can go unanswered for days at a time.
I've had to resort to using twitter to get a response out of anyone support wise, and while the 140 character limit doesn't help, at least it's a highly public point of contact.
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks for the support and the tip but I don't use twitter
They are happy to argue with me in the FTTPoD thread but not to sort out the real issues like you said.
Engineer wired into extension. I called him and told him but he said he had done his job and he was back home in Wales. So I am hoping they will get a competent engineer to come and sort it and not the same one again
Method0ne
Grafter

Sounds like another case of contractors not doing the right job.
When the contractor installed at my property, all he did was put on a new faceplate, I quizzed him about this knowing that he was supposed to remove and replace the old incoming wiring from the pole as well as remove and replace the whole master socket and all he said was that he only needed to replace the faceplate. Wasn't til I had an actual BTO engineer come out last week that this was rectified.
Fingers crossed you get somewhere with this, I know how frustrating it can be when things aren't working right.
petecov44
Grafter

I know what you mean. First time I had had a no nOR engineer out. When I had my installed at home I had an OR engineer who did all that - gave me a new line from DP to my house.
I am hoping the BTO Engineer (I will insist on one if possible) will sort out this by putting it on the actual master socket. I can see where the confusion was he put it on the old mouting point for our old Home Highway which was of course 2 lines  which still come to the property but the one to the extension has been dormant for well over 10 years
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for flagging Pete and apologies for this not being picked up on the 28th.
I'm really unsure how the engineer could get the installation so wrong given that this shouldn't be taken from where the ADSL equipment is plugged in and should follow the route of the line to the first socket at the address. I note from the support ticket that this has already been picked up by a member of the senior faults team so we should hopefully be able to get someone out to make the switch to the correct socket.
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks. I can see you have arrange an engineer for Monday I will make sure I am there.