Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #206662673 Please explain!

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Question #206662673 Please explain!

I received a message yesterday informing me that yet again there was a problem financing my account & that you had opened the above question. However, when I opened the question there is no facility for me to make a comment or raise a question, hence the use of this forum.

My billing makes no sense at all as I am being billed with a negative sum every month, now totalling in excess of £50.00 over the past 4 months. Where do those negative amounts end up because they are not in my bank account?

Your handling of my account has been a disaster for over 2 years, maybe it's time to look at another isp.

However, before then, could someone please provide me with a detailed explanation of what is going on. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Question #206662673 Please explain!

@tijara33 

Plusnet's billing system is chaotic. Your post seems to suggest a third version of some emails/tickets that Plusnet are currently sending out - I saw another mentioned on these forums and I have received one, both seemingly different from yours and each other. They seem to be finally attempting to sort out long-standing billing issues.

For my part I have an open complaint dealing with three billing problems. The allocated Plusnet staffer responded to me on Tuesday with a way forward on one of the issues and I thought we were getting somewhere, but Plusnet's email/ticket yesterday appears to contradict that and say that things will be dealt with differently! I have responded on my complaint ticket asking for clarification and an explanation and pointing out that they are still seemingly in denial about another billing issue that is well documented elsewhere. Totally shambolic! I doubt that our issues will be sorted any time soon.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Sadly your words don't surprise me. I was hoping that mine was an isolated incident but obviously not. All I want to know is where my minus £s are going every month, someone must be benefitting.😂

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@tijara33 

Having suffered from the PN billing system since I joined, I would suggest you do the following.

1. keep a record of every bill, download the pdf, rename it to dd-mon-yyyy.

2. keep a spreadsheet of the transactions so at the end of the contract you can see if you have been overcharged.

3. raise the concern as a ticket, keep a copy of this, don't enter into a verbal conversation unless you can record it.

keep the ticket open until you are satisfied.

This will give you evidence in case of any litigation, and if you decide to complain to Ofcom (after you have gone through the PN procedure)

Negative values usually mean a credit apparently.

PN should take note of what happened to Scottish Power a few years ago when they messed up. Ofgen prohibited them from taking new client's on until the matter was resolved.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@dws1900 

I agree and that is basically what I have done. 

I have said that my complaint must be entirely dealt with on a ticket, no separate emails or phone calls, and said that the ticket must be kept open until it is fully resolved. So far Plusnet have complied.

However, Plusnet do have a habit of closing tickets if the matter is dragging on with periods of inactivity as happened with the previous ticket I had that was dealing with my issues. That said, all the details are still there in that closed ticket and so can be referred to and "used in evidence". As an added precaution, and to aid me when I want to reference something, I print the tickets off.