Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #117113751 - Unlimited Fibre Extra

mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Question #117113751 - Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi,
I realise it's NYE but I've been waiting for a reply from the official channels since early this morning so thought I might try this as a last gasp attempt to sort it in 2015 🙂
A few weeks ago I ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra and phone and was given a date of 30/12 for fibre and 31/12 for phone switchover. It seems there was a mistake somewhere because when I rang yesterday to find out why I was still on ADSL I was told that Fibre can't even be ordered until after my phone line has switched over. Seems odd since I could have had fibre but left my phone with BT....
This was added to the support question by the suport guy:
**Internal**
please place fibre modify order when phone line has been completed, due to complete 31/12/15.
and then this was added later yesterday:
**INTERNAL**
Placing on hold until 31/12/2015. Awaiting phone completion.
Anyway, I've had my email and text confirmation from Plusnet that my phone has completed earlier this morning so I've been expecting an update with Fibre installation date. Is there anyone on the forums from plusnet  please who give me an update on when my fibre will be activated?
Thanks
-Mat
6 REPLIES 6
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Question #117113751 - Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi Mat Smiley
Sorry about the information you were given there, hopefully we can get this cleared up though.
Due to the way the BT Openreach/Wholesale system works for order we can only ever have one open order at a time on your line(phone or broadband), meaning we could either transfer phone then upgrade the broadband to Fibre or upgrade to Fibre then transfer the line afterwards, either can be done depending on what you wish for.
In this case the Phone transfer was put into place first so when the Fibre order was placed this failed due to the already open phone order, now the phone order has completed I have placed you a modify order to upgrade your line to Fibre as originally planned, no engineer visit is needed though, the standard lead time on this is 5 working days but can be later depending on available engineers.
I'm about to leave the office but I'll get back to you Saturday with a confirmed connection date
mlavende
Rising Star

Thanks Paul,
I wish I'd known about the 'only one open order' thing since I would obviously have gone for Fibre first - Who wouldn't!
Anyway, thanks for getting back to me - I look forward to an update on Saturday.
Have a great NYE
-Mat
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Morning Mat,
I can see one of my colleagues got around to your account yesterday and sent you the confirmed connection date, this has been set to the 18th, I'll keep an eye on things until you are fully upgraded
mlavende
Rising Star

Morning Paul,
Thanks for the update. Any reason why it's so far in the future? I understood it would be 5 working days, and since it's already 3 days late I'd hoped for less.
I'll be glad when this is finally done ☺
Thanks
-Mat
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Seems to be a severe lack of availability for engineers right now, usually I see them set around 7-10 days after being placed, the 18th was quite a shock to myself too, sadly wouldn't be able to bring that date forward but we'll make sure nothing goes wrong from here
mlavende
Rising Star

Never mind. Thanks for keeping me informed anyway.
Looking forward to the 18th then  Smiley
-Mat