Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: leaving plusnet

FIXED
Stevef1
Grafter

Query: leaving plusnet

My contract runs out this month and I'm currently looking around for alternative isp's.

my question:  How do I leave plusnet?   Do I just sign up to another isp and they do it or do I have to email/phone plusnet and state I'm leaving?  

I won't hammer plusnet too much, most of the time with them as been good or ok, but the last few months has been a shambles, the connection is dire and they say it's a line problem and BT say the line is fine. 

So.. off I go to pastures new and hope the issue is cleared.

8 REPLIES 8
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Query: leaving plusnet

Fix

@Stevef1

As you will be out of the minimum term of the contract soon, all you do is sign up with a new provider. The new supplier will take care of all the details for you and handle any interactions with Plusnet on your behalf.

Do not contact Plusnet as this may cause issues with the switch.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Stevef1
Grafter

Thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

In addition to what SpendLessTime has advised, anything I can assist with to help keep you as a customer?

Testing your line is showing as a sync of 40 Mb/s and no drops for almost 1 month.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 124.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevef1
Grafter

That's interesting Gandalf..or should I say Mr Flanders? Tongue

Looking at a recent thread I made and a post on page 2 by one of the staff

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Fibre/thread-id/55191/page/2

Shows that there is an error on the line, now I've not had BT out as I can't afford their silly £120+ callout fee, but looking at the info you listed, that error is gone?

Which leads me to wonder if it's gone, why the heck is my connection still ghastly.  Had to quit playing a game with a mate on my PS4 today as the connection was terrible and facetime.. impossible, 4 calls by my mum in the space of 5 mins and only 1 call was 'viewable' and even that was freezing up, breaking up into pixels (if you get my meaning) and stuttering so we could barely make out what each was saying.

I cannot understand why I'm having so many issues if your info says everything is hunky dory.    I'm tempted to change routers but I really can't be dealing with all the hassle of it right now. (I'm currently using your home hub)

quite frankly I'm at a loss.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

How are you connecting to the router - wired or WiFi?

Your line stats are showing no issue, I suspect via WiFi, and so lots you could do to make sure you are getting the best from your service. Not sure why people get phone from one company, and broadband from another, its so much harder to track down an issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi-diddly-ho community-rino

Looking at a recent thread I made and a post on page 2 by one of the staff

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Fibre/thread-id/55191/page/2

Shows that there is an error on the line, now I've not had BT out as I can't afford their silly £120+ callout fee, but looking at the info you listed, that error is gone?

It appears so. It could be the fault fixed itself or an engineer working on another line inadvertently fixed it.

Which leads me to wonder if it's gone, why the heck is my connection still ghastly.  Had to quit playing a game with a mate on my PS4 today as the connection was terrible and facetime.. impossible, 4 calls by my mum in the space of 5 mins and only 1 call was 'viewable' and even that was freezing up, breaking up into pixels (if you get my meaning) and stuttering so we could barely make out what each was saying.

I cannot understand why I'm having so many issues if your info says everything is hunky dory.    I'm tempted to change routers but I really can't be dealing with all the hassle of it right now. (I'm currently using your home hub)

quite frankly I'm at a loss.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems.

@Mustrum wrote:

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevef1
Grafter

@Mustrum wrote:

Your line stats are showing no issue, I suspect via WiFi, and so lots you could do to make sure you are getting the best from your service. Not sure why people get phone from one company, and broadband from another, its so much harder to track down an issue.

I use both wired and wifi, tbh I dislike wifi as I think it's crappy and not as secure as wired so my desktop only uses wired, however my laptop uses wifi and obviosuly my ipad can only use wifi.  My ps4 uses wired too and that also suffers from problems, not only bad download speeds but problems gaming online.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Stevef1

I wonder if the problem is the slow upstream speed you have.

When you move, a supplier which offers 55/10 might be a better choice. When I had ADSL it was saturating the uplink that made stuff work very badly.

I am the satisfied customer....