Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled about line profile

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Puzzled about line profile

Was on the 40/20 package for ages with no issues. Since the pseudo upgrade to 55/10 things have never been really normal. Sometimes have laggy webpages and high pings. Not been too fussed as streaming seemed ok but sometimes I get dropouts on this as well. it seems as if I have not yet been moved to the openreach 55/10 product as I still syncing at 79909/19999. Speedtests to be honest are all over the place, never seen anywhere near 50mb but upload was a constant 9mb. Now download closer to 40mb and uploads around 15mb. My question is when will I be moved to the correct product and what is my current line profile actually set to, and are there any current issues. Also have I been moved to the new network.
Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Re: Puzzled about line profile

I would be grateful if CSC could provide the required information.  It appears from other posts I am not the only one having these kinds of sporadic issues.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry that your thread hasn't been picked up yet and to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

If you private message me with your username I will be happy to provide answers when I am back in the office this Friday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your patience.

Looking into your account, I can see that your service is still provisioned on the shared network.

Testing your broadband, the circuit is in sync at 79.9/20 still, the order hasn't been placed yet to move your service to 55/10 or our new dedicated network. This should be done in due course as we are slowly migrating our customers across, in batches.

Your account is set to 55/10 so I would expect your speeds to be capped at that level. If you are experiencing throughput issues and you're using a wired connection, I'd recommend reporting this to us at http://faults.plus.net

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Anoush. Since removing the plusnet Safeguard, things have been alot better. Are there any issues known about with regards the plusnet safeguard DNS servers. As per my post about images missing from websites, again once stopped using safeguard, everything gone back to normal. Is there any potential explanation for this?? Currently overiding the plusnet DNS servers on my laptops, but having to use them on my mobile devices, as I cant see any way of using other DNS servers in android without using a static IP. Many thanks for the information