cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Phone/Fibre unlimited on 20th feburary...

lamboman
Hooked

Purchased Phone/Fibre unlimited on 20th feburary...

As stated above, I decided to make the switch from SKY to Plusnet on the 20/2/16 as you were offering the best deal at the time on 40mb unlim fibre. I received an email a few days later stating my phone service wouldn't be switched until the 7th of March and the Fibre engineer is booked on the 11th??
Two questions: As you took 30 quid out of my account a few days after purchasing, for my first months fibre, router postage and anytime calls, I'm hoping this first month doesn't start until my service is active (as in my first month runs from 7/3/15 - 7/4/15) is this correct??  secondly, does this 4 day difference in service activation going to leave me without an internet connection for that period? Or will you active broadband to cover me until the fibre is activated.. I would hope they would both switch on the same day.
Regards,
Steven.
4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Purchased Phone/Fibre unlimited on 20th feburary...

Good Morning Stephen
Thanks for your post,
When the orders were submitted to BT Openreach to takeover the line from Sky, we have to give 10 working days notice to them, hence the 7th, however due to the availability of Fibre trained engineers in your area the Fibre date was moved back to the 11th, to avoid any loss of service I have moved your phone transfer back to match the Fibre order on the 11th, this will keep the Sky service active a few more days so you don't lose any time online.
Your billing starts on the 11th in this case, as we take an initial payment upfront your next billed amount would be the 11th of April.
Let me know if you'd like to know anything more Smiley

lamboman
Hooked

That's excellent Darkfire  :)Thank you for the full and swifty response! I don't mind at all that it's the 11th, as long as I'm going to get the full use of my monthly sub, as you have clearly stated, thanks. So I take it the router will arrive around about the 8-9th ready for me to install once the openreach guy is done in my cabinet? 
Steven.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Quote from: lamboman
...the openreach guy is done in my cabinet? 

As you are already on fibre I wonder if the switch will be just at the exchange.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
lamboman
Hooked

Hi Dnpark38  Smiley I think you might have misunderstood mate, I'm on sky broadband at present and I'm switching to plusnet fibre unlim  Tongue looking forward to saying goodbye to 4mb line and hopefully to 38-40 as stated by bt.
Steven,