cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling issue??

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Profiling issue??

Been on fibre for a while now, initially on the 40/20 product, then moved to the 55/10 product, initially artificially capped from the 80/20.  Its been fine, with some odd hiccups every now and again, but yesterday I was checking the speed on my sons Windows 10 system, then uses a wireless dongle to connect to the router, as he said it was very slow.  He was getting 5-6meg throughput.  I assumed that it was likely the dongle, as everything else was working, and I linked up a long wire to the router, and to my surprise I was getting over 75meg download consistently.

I checked the router, and as always synced at near the max 80/20, but my plusnet profile is set to 77meg.

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.Current line speed:77.2 Mb

I am happy to take the 80meg :-)  but I wondered if there was an issue with my profile, as it seems I have never been swapped to the actual openreach 55/10 product, seeing as I am still syncing at 80/20.

4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 116

Re: Profiling issue??

It looks like your account is set to 55/10, but provisioned via the wholesale systems as 80/20. I'm unfortunately going to modify the service to 55/10 because the asset should always match the account type on our side, sorry. Sad

If you would like greater speeds than 55/10 you'll need to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Thanks. This is the very reason I flagged this up. Didn't want to be stung with charges at some point in the future and I am sure matched profiles are better. Will this be the actual 55/10 openreach product or a capped 80/20....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Aye. At the moment, your account type is showing as 55/10, and provisioned via Openreach/BTWholesale as 80/20. Doesn't look like your account is doing a very good job at capping it to be honest.

I'm modifying the service with our suppliers to the correct provisioned product of 55/10.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Just checking your account, I can now see the modify order has completed and testing your line you are now provisioned correctly on the 55/10 product via our wholesale provider.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff