Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling issue??

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Profiling issue??

Been on fibre for a while now, initially on the 40/20 product, then moved to the 55/10 product, initially artificially capped from the 80/20.  Its been fine, with some odd hiccups every now and again, but yesterday I was checking the speed on my sons Windows 10 system, then uses a wireless dongle to connect to the router, as he said it was very slow.  He was getting 5-6meg throughput.  I assumed that it was likely the dongle, as everything else was working, and I linked up a long wire to the router, and to my surprise I was getting over 75meg download consistently.

I checked the router, and as always synced at near the max 80/20, but my plusnet profile is set to 77meg.

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.Current line speed:77.2 Mb

I am happy to take the 80meg 🙂  but I wondered if there was an issue with my profile, as it seems I have never been swapped to the actual openreach 55/10 product, seeing as I am still syncing at 80/20.

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Profiling issue??

It looks like your account is set to 55/10, but provisioned via the wholesale systems as 80/20. I'm unfortunately going to modify the service to 55/10 because the asset should always match the account type on our side, sorry. Sad

If you would like greater speeds than 55/10 you'll need to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks. This is the very reason I flagged this up. Didn't want to be stung with charges at some point in the future and I am sure matched profiles are better. Will this be the actual 55/10 openreach product or a capped 80/20....
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Aye. At the moment, your account type is showing as 55/10, and provisioned via Openreach/BTWholesale as 80/20. Doesn't look like your account is doing a very good job at capping it to be honest.

I'm modifying the service with our suppliers to the correct provisioned product of 55/10.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just checking your account, I can now see the modify order has completed and testing your line you are now provisioned correctly on the 55/10 product via our wholesale provider.