Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile speed dropped

optimus
Grafter

Re: Profile speed dropped

Hi,

I've noticed a speed drop on my line too.

Checking my account I see this:

• Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 34Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 20.5Mbps

This matches speedtests I've been running lately.

Please advise.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @optimus thanks for getting in touch. 

Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 34Mbps

That's just how it sounds, it's your minimum guaranteed speed.

Current Line Speed (Download): 20.5Mbps

This should match the physical sync speed, but it looks like on this occasion the profile is stuck. As your line speed is at 40mbps still I've gently chiselled the profile up. Can you reboot your router letting us know how your speeds look after?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fwdlink
Dabbler

Hi PNet Team,

Rather than start are new thread as I have similar symptoms that developed after our cabinet was offline overnight about 3 weeks (which also saw Uplink G.INP enabled for the first time ever/upgrade to the cabinet I'm guessing that's why it was offline) ago for the whole neighborhood, which also seemed to have a full profile reset for me and my neighbors and DLM ran over 2 weeks bringing the line back up to normal, throughput was increasing at the same time until the end of roughly the first week, it's been stuck since with:

Current Line Speed (Download): 70.2Mbps (showing on my account dashboard)

Actual Speed Tests: 66-67Mb max down / 18.5 up

My Actual Line is Synced at 79999 / 20000

BTW Performance test isn't working right at all for me so I can't see the IP Profile, keep getting an error which is noted below on all of my PC's

1. Downstream Test:

Download Speed : 62.52 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 29.7 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Could you have a look at my line and IP Profile please?  I have been 75+ Mbps ever since installation some years ago so bit surprised with the sync rate so high the throughput is so poor.  I should mention my line is very stable, going for months at a time without a single glitch unless there is an electrical event or I do something myself.  Can provide detailed telnet stats if necessary.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @fwdlink,

I am afraid we could not locate your account. Could you please PM me your account username so we can look into the connection for you from this end?

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
fwdlink
Dabbler

@Beyhive  Done

Interesting enough is also the estimated speeds are now "not available."  Wonder if this is coincidence or also connected why I can't complete the BTW speed test detailed test to get my IP profile. 

• Estimated Download Range: Not available
  • Estimated Upload Range: Not available

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi

I've ran a GEA test on your circuit and can't see anything wrong;

Test OutcomePass

Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000

DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .

Main Fault LocationOK

Sync StatusIn Sync

Downstream Speed76.6 Mbps

Upstream Speed20.0 Mbps

Appointment RequiredN

Fault Report AdvisedN

NTE Power StatusPowerOn

Voice Line Test ResultPass

Bridge TapNot Detected

Radio Frequency IngressNot Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected

Cross TalkNot Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres281.8

Upstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Downstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Interference PatternRegular Interference Observed on Week Days

Service ImpactNo Impact Observed

Interference Duration Longest OccurrenceFrom 12:00 to 13:30

Interference LocationCustomer Premise

Interference Observed In Days5

Home Wiring ProblemNot Detected

Downstream Policing Discard Rate0.0

Customer Traffic LevelUpstream and Downstream Traffic Detected

TechnologyVDSL

Current 15Min Bin Retrains0

Last 15Min Bin Retrains0

DP TypeExternal

Profile Name0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

You are syncing at 76Mbps and your profile is correct at 80/20. 

I'm included to say the speed test was incorrect in this instance.  

Kind Regards, 

MoR

fwdlink
Dabbler

Hi @MasterOfReality  thanks for this....

Something is suspect here, you've noted that the test indicates a sync speed of 76Mbps, however that is not the case, my sync is 79999, the last sync at 76Mbps was prior to the 27th of September.  So my question is the test actually live for the Sync speed query portion as that's certainly not a correct result. As for the speedtest results, perhaps BTW is not correct, but using Speedtest.net, Thinkbroadband etc. all return the same result so the speed is definitely limited, something is not right.  I didn't expect any line problem so this isn't any surprise, but something in the backend is not correct, with the INP higher than normal I wouldn't expect to see it shaving off more than 10 Mbps througput.

Please kindly check my stats again, not for a fault, but sync speed ip profile as at least the sync speed is not correct, it also says retry low but I'm for the first time on INP 55, never been above 50 ever, isn't that a high-retry ranking?

My telnet stats are:

Stats summary

Stats recorded 11 Oct 2019 18:01:12

DSLAM type / SW version:	BDCM:0xa48c (164.140) / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:  	AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode:               	VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                 	5 days 8 hours 21 min 7 sec
Resyncs:                	0 (since 06 Oct 2019 09:55:06)

Downstream	Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):  	12.1		0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):	Not available on VDSL2		
Connection speed (kbps):	79999		20000
SNR margin (dB):        	4.9		7.5
Power (dBm):            	13.9		-1.1
Interleave depth:       	8		8
INP:                    	55.00		47.00
G.INP:                  	Enabled		Enabled
Vectoring status:       	5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)		

RSCorr/RS (%):          	0.0203		39.7100
RSUnCorr/RS (%):        	0.0000		0.0000
ES/hour:                	0		0.17  

adamvb
Dabbler

I've also noticed the same, although not the same drastic extent. I'm synced at 79999 down and 20000 up.

I'm getting a max of 67Mbps down and 18Mbps up whatever time of day I test, whereas before I used to get about 72.5/18 - it changed since a power cut about a month ago and hasn't gone back up - would you mind checking mine too.

Cheers

Adam

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

fwdlink
Dabbler

@adamvb Very interesting, same can't get past 67Mbps as you can see from my thread

PNET Team, have just checked my dashboard, it still is claiming the following:

• Estimated Download Range: Not available
  • Estimated Upload Range: Not available
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 56.8Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 70.2Mbps

I've ran multiple speed tests, all returning max 67Mbps, and as per my post earlier your tests think I'm synced at 76 and I am not, but rather I'm at 79999/20000. Snapshot attached.

Perhaps @Gandalf you could have a look, something in the backend is amiss.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @fwdlink thanks for getting back to us.

It's odd because our testing is showing your sync rate at 76mbps but if your router is advising 79mbps I'd personally go with that as that's live data (It may be that the sync speed on the test we run is a tad out of date). The connection profile in your account at 70.2mbps won't have any effect on your throughput due to the way your service routes across out network.

Having said that I've nudged the profile up now to the correct/highest level it can go to. 

More importantly, our tests are also showing potential packet loss on our suppliers S-VLAN infrastructure at the exchange so if the test is correct I suspect that's likely the cause for the drop in throughput. I've raised this with our suppliers now to investigate further. Due to the time of night and upcoming weekend, we likely won't get an update until next week.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi @adamvb In your case, the connection profile in your account does seem to be restricting your throughput at an old profile of 73.4mbps that doesn't match your current sync speed of 79.9mbps. I've nudged the profile up for you now to the highest level it can go to, can you reboot your router letting us know how your speeds look afterwards?

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
armageus
Grafter

Just come across this thread and wondering if someone could take a look at my fibre profile.

Currently syncing at around 18mbps, but historically was capable of 24-32mbps, so not sure if the profile has "locked" for whatever reason.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
fwdlink
Dabbler

Hello @Gandalf thanks for the feedback, so some short feedback, the profile nudge had an impact on UL, gave another 1Mbps, but no effective change on the DL, still maxing at 67 Mbps consistitently regardless of speedtest site which I tested last night after your message and again today.  Two additional aspects I have noticed this morning, there was a DLM event at 02:15 this morning reducing INP from 55 down to 52 on the DL and the UL had INP removed entirely, so now the UL is consistently 19Mbps just like before.  The sync is still 79999 and 20000 and it did not have any change on the DL throughput, still stuck at 67, only UL throughput improved as just noted. The second aspect is I noted the dashboard thinks my rate is 78Mbps but I'll ignore that like you suggested as it's definitely behind and looking at my prior stats it is one of the  sync rates I had as DLM was bringing the line back about 13 days ago.

As you mention there is a high potential of packet loss on the S-VLAN that could be causing the DL speed restriction,  I'll await to hear from you on what pans out with this so we are not chasing a ghost.  I received an e-mail about the ticket that you opened thanks for that appreciate it.

Will await further feedback on the S-VLAN and if necessary look from there, hopefully that's the issue.

Thanks again @Gandalf 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @fwdlink,

Thanks for providing us with that info, I've checked the fault and can see we are still awaiting a further response - more than likely will be tomorrow and we can chase them up on it.

I've noted this on the fault ticket on your account as well.

Thanks.

armageus
Grafter

@Gandalf @OskarPapa 

Any chance that you could look at my speed profile and "give it a nudge" if necessary please.

Have run all the usual checks etc, but seems that my profile has been "capped" at around 18Mbps, whereas I was getting somewhere between 24-32Mbps.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @fwdlink It's disappointing to see your throughput speed hasn't improved much. The extra 1mbps won't be anything to do with the profile on your account as your service routes across our network in such a way that this profile will have no effect. It's also worth noting that 78mbps is the highest this profile can go in our system. Either way due to the reasons above this profile may just be a red herring and the act of rebooting your router may have increased your speed slightly. 

I've also discussed this with our our suppliers quality assurance team and they've not found any capacity issues on the equipment you're on at the exchange, however they're investigating the potential packet loss issue further and we'd expect an update on this later on today. I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Hi @armageus thanks for getting in touch. I've requested we submit a remote DLM reset as your line speeds are restricted by the automated software at the exchange to 18mbps. This should go through within 2 to 3 working days. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet