cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile speed dropped

topfisher
Grafter

Profile speed dropped

Hi, my download speed was 37 mbps down and 9 up but it dropped to 20.5 mbps yesterday. I noticed that my profile download  speed in my Plusnet account is 21 mbps so could someone put it back up to 40 please.

40 REPLIES 40
Av365
Hooked

Re: Profile speed dropped

Yes, mine is very poor also atm ....download 20.11mbps although upload is fine 9.22mbps

Likewise, could mine be restored also. 🙂

topfisher
Grafter

PS topfisher isn't my broadband account username.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @topfisher, thanks for your post.

On checking your line, I could see the connection profile stuck at 21800, which would tally with the speed you're seeing. I've amended this for you now and you should notice an improvement over the next few hours.

@Av365 - Yours doesn't look to be the same issue. I'm running further tests now and will update as soon as I'm able.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

HI @Av365, thanks for your patience.

On testing the line, I can see the below:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID EDIT/REMOVED BBEU

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 21.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 5.2 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1069.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-09-21T21:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 22.3 Mbps 26.6 Mbps 23.6 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 4.9 Mbps 5.3 Mbps 5.2 Mbps
Up Time 865.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-10-04T20:22:26Z 2019-10-04T20:37:26Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

As we're not showing any sort of issue with the line (the SNR is a little low, potentially), we'd ideally want to do a spot of troubleshooting so that we can begin ruling things out.

Firstly - can you confirm whether the issue is just seen via wireless, or is it also present via your wired Ethernet connections? If wired, can you please reply with a wired speed test screen shot?

smilers63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The same here

Hi, my download speed was 32 mbps down and 7 up but it dropped to 20.0 mbps . I noticed that my profile download  speed in my Plusnet account is 22 mbps so could someone put it back up to 40 please.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @smilers63 

We'll reply to your own topic shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Av365
Hooked

Wired RJ45 direct to Plusnet Hub

image.png

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Av365, thanks for getting back to us. Your wired speed test certainly looks to be lower than we'd expect as the estimates for your line are 21-34Mbps download. I'd advise then to get the router into the optimal set-up which will rule a number of internal factors out and this can be done by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the speed issues stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242
If you could please let us know how a wired speed test is looking in this set-up this will determine the next step we take from here. (Please keep in mind that no other devices or applications should be heavily using the connection at the time of testing as this may incorrectly skew the results. Let us know how it goes.

Av365
Hooked

NB Also at time of contract sign up the MINIMUM GUARANTEED SPEED was stated as 25.1MB +/- 1MB

I do appear to have a throttling back issue imo

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @smilersAv365,

Thank you for confirming that. I've had a a look at when you signed up for fibre broadband with us and I can see that the estimated speed was as follows:

Download: 29 - 40Mb
Upload: 5 - 7Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 25.1Mb

It appears that our suppliers have since updated the line's speed estimate and it now shows as 21 - 34Mb on their system. As you agreed to sign up to us when you were told that your minimum guaranteed speed would be 25.1mbps, we will try and get your line up to that speed and would have the option to leave without penalty if our suppliers confirm that they're unable to resolve this.

Please can you connect the router to the test socket, as per the instructions from @BD, and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
smilers63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

May I correct you and state "as on my account page, subheading Broadband speed. Estimated speed 30 -38mbs, minimum speed 30 Mbs." also on bt dsl check 30 to 54, minimum handback rate 30 Mbps". I can not be penalised or help if someone is lowering the goal posts continually. If the system is not up to the standard promised or indicated originally do not reduce everyones broadband, but improve the quality of the system.
When my original contract was taken with Pn I had a speed of 38Maps,but with every ongoing contract is getting reduced.

Router has been run for several days through the test socket with no improvement.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @smilers63,

I have updated the fault for you. Please click here to view my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Av365
Hooked

EmilyD,

Thank you for your reply, I can confirm the details you noted at time of signup are indeed correct. Unfortunately I have just tested the connection speed and is now even lower. See image.

Regards

image.png

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for confirming @Av365 - I'm sorry to see that this hasn't improved.

Could you please raise a fault here and we'll ask our suppliers to take a look at this for you?

Best wishes

Dave