Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile reset after fixed fault

lunathehusky
Dabbler

Profile reset after fixed fault

Hi all,

I was having a problem with dropped connections, at one point my downstream speed was just 1kbps with the router saying max rate was 8kbps. In the past we had a reliable approx 27k connection.

I've replaced the router and now things are much better with max rate at over 32kbps but downstream is 7896.

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 1296 7896
Max Rate (Kbps) 3815 32618
SNR Margin (dB) 10.6 18
Line Attenuation (dB) 34.3 24
Errors (Pkts) 0 3

This is with the router connected to the test socket with a filter plugged in.

I've attached the BT speed test. 

Can someone please sort out a profile reset for me? I'm sure that the new router has solved the issues, the line stats look a lot better and the connection isn't dropping any more.

Thanks! 

21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Profile reset after fixed fault

@lunathehusky Welcome to the forums. From the data you have provided, it is not a profile reset you need, but a proper investigation.

I appreciate you have already supplied some of the information requested in my 'Help Article' below, but if you could follow it anyway (and resupply the info) we may be able to suggest a way forward:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
lunathehusky
Dabbler

Hi John

Thanks for your help. Here's the screen shots, quiet line test was fine. I'm not sure what the help desk tab is, I'm not using a plusnet router. 

Cheers

Ian

jab1
Legend

OK Ian. QLT being OK is a good sign, but those two screenshots (from a mobile, as the Speed test one especially is hard to read?) do not make nice viewing.

Don't know which modem/router you are using, but the screenshot below should aim you in the correct direction on your kit.

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
lunathehusky
Dabbler

Thanks again, John. I've attached better screenshots from my laptop this time and also the TP Link router info.

Cheers

Ian

jab1
Legend

Thanks for that info, Ian. Based on that, I would raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

I will also tag @Gandalf , although he should pick it up.  Have you tried a single reboot of your TP-Link?

John
lunathehusky
Dabbler

I'll try that now, John. I didn't yet as I thought it might makes things worse.

jab1
Legend

It can't , Ian, but it probably won't improve it either - your SNR figures are horrible.

John
lunathehusky
Dabbler

You're right it didn't improve. Stats look the same. I've reported a fault. Thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Firstly I love huskies. Great choice of username. Secondly this certainly does need a proper investigation. Smiley

I've tested your line tonight and the tests are showing a high resistance fault, so I'd like to call out an Openreach engineer to take a closer look for you. I've picked up the fault ticket you've raised just moments ago (Efficient, right?)

Could you reply to the ticket by going Here with when you'll be available for a visit? 

If you can post back to let me know once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lunathehusky
Dabbler

Yes very efficient @Gandalf Smiley I'll reply with the slots shortly. 

PS I've attached a photo of 3 month old Luna for you, cheers! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah adorable! 😍 Cheers for the photo!

One of my friends had a husky called Luna a while ago.

Your Luna is obviously more adorable. Don’t tell anyone I said that. Tongue

I’ve left the office now but one of my colleagues should be able to pick this back up with you this weekend. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya, 

I've just tried to book the engineer now, but our suppliers systems haven't been able to confirm the address we've got for you is right. I can raise this to fix but could you confirm on the ticket 222738051 how your address should currently be? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya, I can see your address has been sorted now in the supplier systems and I've been able to book the engineer appointment. I've arranged the visit and I've updated the ticket 222738051 with when this will be. 

I'll be out of the office tomorrow for the rest of the week, so I'll check back on Monday 21.03.22. If you need further help in the meantime though, feel free to post back and my colleagues will be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet